Sign in to follow this  
Guest toby01

Intercept Course

Guest toby01

Never mind Mike, I made a mistake earlier. It works just fine. :)

Good to hear Byron. :)Just a suggestion. Post what you were doing wrong, so in case someone else is doing the same thing, they'll find this thread if they search and know what to do.

Guest toby01

Unfortunately, I do not remember what I did wrong. Key to succes, however, is to make sure the waypoint you need specify an inbound course to, needs to be on top (in 1L LSK).

>>I'm trying to specify a waypoint and add an inbound course>to>>it.>>Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant what>waypoint/course, what airport, what route, that kind of thing.>I was wanting to try it out.Then I believe you need to create a new waypoint. WaypointRadial/distancefor example BUN270/10Best Regards,Bert.

Umm...what? What were you responding to? Me asking him what he was trying to do so I could test it out for him, or his question that he's already figured out?Sorry, you kind of confused me with that answer.

The functionality in this case is... enter the waypoint you wish to fly to.. on the intercept heading... into the scratchpad.. Then copy thay waypoint into the current active waypoint (top left, page 1) of your route. Upon entering that waypoint the FMC will provide you with the option INBD CRS (I think anyway) in the bottom right. This will assume a direct heading to that waypoint from your current position. If it is your intention to fly towards an intercept heading and then fly that heading to the waypoint, enter that heading into INBD CRS and execute. LNAV I believe will engage in the arm mode, it will remain armed until you get within 5 or 6 miles of the intercept track at which point it should switch to the active mode and then follow the intercept heading to the waypoint.Hope that helped.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Craig,I think you guys are misunderstanding things. I wasn't asking how to do it, or what it does. Byron, the person I responded, was asking about how to do things. I simply wanted to know exactly what he was trying to do, at what airport, and with what waypoints, so I could do it myself, and give him a step by step reply.