Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Huge FPS loss but why Please read Everyone!!!!!

Guest stevepow

Okay so PMDG flyer's this is the deal. I have spent the last 32 hours all my days off studying The Microsoft flight simulator X. I am not new to flight simulation for as I used 2004 for about four to five years. I'm also not new to PMDG. I have used their 737 800 and 900. So I'm used to add on programs tweaking CFG files uninstalling and reinstalling the flight sim. Now back to the point. Like I said I've spent the last 32 hours messing around with the CFG file adding removing programs starting and stopping and writing down all the information that I've seen. Now this is what I've come with. I have tested the flight with nothing but the default aircrafts with a fresh install. Basically, I recorded with the frames per second would be with a fresh install using the default Learjet and FSautostart. I first started with just a fresh install, no patches. Absolutely nothing else, and fsautostart. On the first test, I used to Learjet with a resolution of 1680 by 1050 with the default settings with that. I was getting a frames per second high of 41 and low of 39.On the second test using the default Learjet with no patch or add on at a resolution 1440 by 900 and it was getting a frames per second high of 44 low of 40on the third test, I used the default Learjet with the SP one patch. No add-ons at a resolution of 1680 by 1050. I was getting frames per second high of 46 low 42 on the fourth test using the acceleration add on at a resolution of 1680 x 1050 in the default Learjet. I was getting frames per second high 50 low 46.So after seeing these numbers. I was pretty satisfied with what I saw and now decided to start using different aircraft to see what the frames per second difference would be all tests were done at the same airport JF Kennedy in cockpit view zoomed out to 50. I have also included pictures for verification. In the first picture as you can see. I was using a propelled aircraft. I can't remember which one it was a default aircraftas you can see in the picture. The frames per second was at 49.8 I'm very satisfied with frame rates like thatin the second picture using the default 747 400 you can see that I still had a frame rate of 37.6. Now this is the kicker in the third picture, using the PMDG 747 400X. The frame rate drops to An amazing 16.4 that's an amazing 21 frames per second drop. I never thought that the PMDG could be so frame rate hungry. The crazy thing about it, is that I have absolutely no other add-ons, and it has already dropped to 16.4 using the PMDG. What happens when I add on my traffic and ultimate terrain and active sky I'll tell you. It drops to four frames per second. When I first noticed it. I was running the flight sim with the accelerator ultimate terrain, my traffic 5.1, USA ground environment, active sky X, and fs2crew I then added the PMDG 747 400X. And I started the sim at the default JFK Airport. And I was getting a frame rate of three to five. Am I doing something wrong could the PMDG actually be that frame hungry? Any information would be a great help. All I want to do is start flying again. Thank you

Guest Jake Lee

Is it in the 2D mode that you get the framerate drop with the PMDG 744? If so, try hitting SHIFT+1 (or at least this is the command in FS9). I had a big framerate drop with 2D mode, but after hitting SHIFT+1 the rates jumped back to just under 25 (locked at 25).- Jake

Steven,That's probably about right - you're in one of the most scenery intensive areas in the whole sim (NYC). Your FX60 CPU is pretty slow by current Intel Core 2 Quad standards and you're running dual monitors, which can cause an FPS hit in my experience.You have AA off btw - should turn that on, it'll make the sim look a lot better with no performance hit (again thanks to the CPU-limited FSX engine)See the table at the bottom of this article for the benchmarks we recorded prior to release:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/747-4...%26_Performance

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest stevepow

So I see well let me ask you then If I were to go out and get another proccessor, of course I would have to get another motherboard also do to the fact that the motherboard is a 939 socket and there not making too many more 939. in your best opinion what would be the best motherboard and proccessor I can get that would allow me to add all my addons and things but still get a framerate that I can be happy with.

Oops - I was just about to buy the 747, but from the article linked to in your post I understand that it is not likely to work well with Vista 32?Tom Risager

>Oops - I was just about to buy the 747, but from the article>linked to in your post I understand that it is not likely to>work well with Vista 32?>Tom RisagerHi,I'd like to comment on your post.I'm running Vista Home Premium 32 bit with 2GB ram, 4GB flash, XFX GeForce 8800GTX XT 768MB DDR3.I have some excellent payware planes in my hangar, one of them is the PMDG 747 QOS. Mostly I do flights up to 12 hrs. The QOS operates like it should without any problem on my machine.FSX (SP1 and SP2), ASX, XGraphics, RC4, FSC.Greetings,PeteEHAM

OK, thanks for the info. Probably an old document that was referenced above, then.Tom Risager

Guest panam1736

Hi all, I bought the PMDG 747x, its an amazing product and im still in the process of getting around things. I got 2 issues I wanted guidance on...How do I open the external pax doors and cargo doors....The good old shift+E doesnt seem to work to open the main door.Also...Is it normal that my FPS are so low with the PMDG 747x, i wrote my specs at the bottom...my PC is only 6 months old and I thought had pretty good specs, i read people saying they get 40+FPS, most I get is around 4-5 at JFK on the ground in VC and im around 10-12 FPS in the VC in cruise....most I can see is around 20FPS when i go to one of the wing views.....Also, on a 3 hour flight, I can expect to crash at least 1-2x, is that all normal...I use about 70% traffic, 10% road traffic and 1680x1050 res. thanx for all the thoughts...Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2,40 ghz3 Gb RAMNvidia 8800 GTXWindows Vista Ultimate

Guest Mower

My experience with FSX and prior versions along with numerous payware mods goes back years.I have the 744x, Great product, fly it alot, eagerly awaiting the FSPX add-on.Anyhow, frankly, the 744x is a serious FPS killer. But then so is the LDS 763, though not quite as bad.The AOA 744 trainer demo release is even choppy.This is a situation whereby the hardware will not catch up for a couple of years yet. It's a shame: when I upgraded my gaming rig last November the FS9 PMDG 744 ran like a dream, 50+ FPS with all settings maxed and tons of add-ons.Now on the tarmac it is lucky to top 15, 10 in the VC.Chris.

If you system is up to snuff be very carefull with your autogen settings. Lowering mine caused my FPS to move into the smooth flight range even at busy airports like KSFO and KJFK. Also be carefull with your ground traffic settings. If there is a road or highway near the airport that has a lot of traffic on it it's a real FPS killer. The airport traffic setting can also have a real negative effect on FPS as well. I'm using MyTraffic and at certain times of day airports can be real busy. I have my FPS capped at 30 as well.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest SkullxBones

When I fly the 747x, I turn off all road and boat traffic, turn off all GA traffic, water down to 1x high, autogen down very low. Unlimited frame rate on the slider. Setting weather to clear can help also.This makes my airports a little smoother and I don't miss all the bells and whistles considering once I leave the tarmac, I'm so busy the first few thousand feet I don't have time to look around anyway. And at FL300 I don't notice any difference. You can't expect the complex systems that are modeled in the PMDG747 to have the same FPS as more simplistic default aircraft, especially considering the FPS handicap we have with FSX. Search for posts from Nick N. He has good info on tweaking your setup to get better FPS.panam1736- I have the same specs as you except a lesser 8800GTS and XP and I'm mildly overclocked on my Q6600. I get about 14-15 at major airports with 80% WOAI traffic. At altitude it's very smooth, 25-35 FPS in VC depending on area. You shouldn't be crashing at all, mine is very stable But one thing I learned from this forum, is to never interrupt the loading of FSX and the 747 by doing any other multitasking during the load, it will cause it to crash at some point during flight on my system.

PMDG kills my frames too. I didn

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest stevepow

I use the 3/GB switch with the userva2560 trim.What is this im not sure if im thinking the same way but after all of this testing i decided to go back to FS 2004 and used the tweaks that i got for FSX and now im getting frame rates of over 60 with all add on and all switches to the right im very happy now and i am going to post everything that i did so that someone running FS 2004 with about the same specs as mine will be able to enjoy huge frame rates with all addons to there hearts content. now back to the reason i wrote back i just put 2 more gigs of ram now making it 4b gigs of ram in my pc but of coure windows (32 bit) only sees 2.50 what a shame that i lose a gig and a half. So what is the 3/GB switch??

>I use the 3/GB switch with the userva2560 trim.>>>What is this im not sure if im thinking the same way but after>all of this testing i decided to go back to FS 2004 and used>the tweaks that i got for FSX and now im getting frame rates>of over 60 with all add on and all switches to the right im>very happy now and i am going to post everything that i did so>that someone running FS 2004 with about the same specs as mine>will be able to enjoy huge frame rates with all addons to>there hearts content. now back to the reason i wrote back i>just put 2 more gigs of ram now making it 4b gigs of ram in my>pc but of coure windows (32 bit) only sees 2.50 what a shame>that i lose a gig and a half. So what is the 3/GB switch??Steve, not sure what you did but very few (nobody) recommends most of the FS9 tweaks with FSX and SP2. You may be getting good frames but not sure at what price i.e a bunch of stuff not working as it should. I wouldn

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest stevepow

Thank you gary, for the explanation. Well i might have said it the wrong way the tweaks that i used were all for flight sim 2004. Just had to change some coding in the CFG file and add some new code> but the most of the tweaks were for windows XP. Like i said before i have every add on installed with all sliders to the right.And as i can tell everything works just fine. Quick question i was thinking about getting the win xp 64 bit edition do you think i will have any type of problems with that?