Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

Huge FPS loss but why Please read Everyone!!!!!

>Thank you gary, for the explanation. Well i might have said>it the wrong way the tweaks that i used were all for flight>sim 2004. Just had to change some coding in the CFG file and>add some new code> but the most of the tweaks were for windows>XP. Like i said before i have every add on installed with all>sliders to the right.And as i can tell everything works just>fine. Quick question i was thinking about getting the win xp>64 bit edition do you think i will have any type of problems>with that?The 64bit system will utilize the 4GB Ram and I would expect no issues other than incompatibility as follows. I do not run a 64bit system nor have I ever so I do not have the experience to comment. I would do a thorough search beforehand to ensure program compatibility with any 32bit programs that I intend to run on it. 64 will run 32bit programs but it will not run 16bit programs. Many 32bit programs use 16bit installers and these 16bit installers will not operate on a 64bit system.I would not dual boot unless I had separate drives for each system. Never partition a drive that your OS is on.My next system will be 64

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest Mower

>Search for posts from Nick N. He has good info on tweaking>your setup to get better FPS.My search for that did not go well. Does anyone have links please?

>>Search for posts from Nick N. He has good info on tweaking>>your setup to get better FPS.>>My search for that did not go well. Does anyone have links>please?Start with this: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1208959973

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Guest Mower

I have tweaked both WXP and FSX to death. The fundamental problem is that the OMDG FSX 744 is too heavy a load on a system right now. Not PMDG's fault persay, just the way of things. My system is new, hand built, and over clocked.