Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan Briggs

Will the MD-11 Have

Guest Ryan Briggs

A Pogo stick in the Galley? Oh please oh please i Hope to god there will be a Pogo stick in my galley, the same pogostick that gave me countless hours of fun. Or maybe you guys used easter egg in the literal term this time and put in a Carton of eggs :D. will there be any easter eggs on the MD-11?

countless hours of fun?............i must be missing somthing here.......... exactly where was the fun in that ridiculous isor in the flightdeck which spoiled it in my oppinion.......please explainkav

Kav I'm sure he's just having fun.. It's nice when developers add a little something.c'mon lighten up, were dealing with 1 of a very few developers were we dont have to deal with hardcore request cos we know they have it covered :)the pogo stick was in the galley of the pax 744 lol it's not like it was resting on the center console.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest Ryan Briggs

>countless hours of fun?............i must be missing somthing>here.......... exactly where was the fun in that ridiculous>isor in the flightdeck which spoiled it in my>oppinion.......please explain>>kavKav, as rob was saying with PMDG we don't really have to worry about Technical Aspects.........they do all that and Requests are pretty useless since it's already covered. I found the Pogo stick to be pretty funny, How often is it that a developer of High Quality Simulation software ever leaves an Easter Egg in their product just for "Kicks". I like how PMDG took the time to get everything technical done and then in an area where it wasn't intrusive or Annoying put down an Easter egg "Just Because".

My vote would be to stretch the term "easter egg" a bit and instead of easter EGGS lets add easter CHOCOLATE... and for that let's use the famous Swiss chocolate Swissair used to provide, and spread it all around the flight deck! That wouldn't be unrealistic at all... because if the cabin crew on those MD-11 flights knew the pilots liked chocolate, a huge pile of those was always delivered forward before the flight... with a usual re-supply half way in the flight :)I'm sure we could then connect the chocolate peaces displayed to the time estimates from the FMS... the more hours passed the less chocolate is laying around in the virtual cockpit. Good thing then we will not add the window opening mechanism. I would hate to see Vin spending nights and nights trying to animate chocolate flying around the flight deck when a window is opened...!Markus

Markus Burkhard

i was not realy serious dont care that much but i think hours of endless fun is pushing it a bit:D but also im pretty sure its in the cockpit in the fsx version,personally though i would rather they had spent the time on fixing the grnd prox and fuel jettison switches in the vc that dont workkav

Sweet.

Dan Downs KCRP

>My vote would be to stretch the term "easter egg" a bit and>instead of easter EGGS lets add easter CHOCOLATE... and for>that let's use the famous Swiss chocolate Swissair used to>provide, and spread it all around the flight deck! That>wouldn't be unrealistic at all... because if the cabin crew on>those MD-11 flights knew the pilots liked chocolate, a huge>pile of those was always delivered forward before the>flight... with a usual re-supply half way in the flight :)>I'm sure we could then connect the chocolate peaces displayed>to the time estimates from the FMS... the more hours passed>the less chocolate is laying around in the virtual cockpit. >Good thing then we will not add the window opening mechanism.>I would hate to see Vin spending nights and nights trying to>animate chocolate flying around the flight deck when a window>is opened...!>>MarkusSwiss actually still hands out chocolate at the end of every flight. I went to Europe in March with a class trip and we flew Swiss and were given chocolate before landing in Zurich and before landing in Berlin, and then on the way back before we landed in Zurich and before landing in Chicago. It was wonderful chocolate and I wish I still had some left, but unfortunately it's all gone! ;)

Sean,they do of course! And if you tell the cabin crew that you absolutely love that chocolate they will give you more of it with pleasure. Some time back I had a discussion with a marketing guy from Swiss and he told me they hand out more than a million pieces a month... so 20 more for you is not going to change anything for the accountants ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

>so 20 more for you is not going to change anything>for the accountantsI don't know, 20 here, 20 there, pretty soon we're talking real amounts of chocolate. ;)

Heh heh, found the pogo stick in the Cargo compartment of the B1900C today. Have to find one in the 737 now. :)On a related note, I'm going to give the B1900C a birthday this week and install a fresh set of Reality-XP Jetline 2 gauges, and might fit some Flightline N/T ones in there somewhere.Chris Dalgarno in sunny Australia