Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Airport scenery for FSX?

That's interesting. I just tested again loading default 172 on the active. MYNN - 3.8 fps, KCLT - 0.5 fps, KCVG - 22 fps. This is on a new clean install after a HD crash (the problem was there before as well). If I remember correctly from the days we were testing FSUIPC wind smoothing, you were using straight SP2 and not Acceleration as I am, and there were some differences. I wonder if this is another Acceleration oddity just like the double spool-up to start the LDS engines, and LDS fmc clear. I might try backing out to SP2 alone and see what happens (plus the LDS issue drives me crazy). Thanks for checking this out.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Well, in case anyone has been following this discussion, backing out of Acceleration and installing SP2 fixed my fps problems with Imaginesim scenery. Strange how certain things react differently with Acceleration than SP2.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Cool, I'm glad you at least found the culprit; I too am surprised it had something to do with the specific SP2-Accel patch and not the standalone SP2 patch. Had you installed the SP2-shadows patch for each airport from the ImaginSim website? They directly address scenery issues cuased by the FS SP2 patches. Maybe something in the readme of the ImagineSim patches?BTW, regarding FSX add-on sceneries, I was going to suggest the TropicalSim - Rio De Janaro (sp?) package, but I see the TropicalSim website is now offline and it appears they haven't paid their website-bills lately. Anyone know what's up with TropicalSim?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest grim_marmazet

I hope they do, as asia seems to be a fairly left out region in FSX.If anyone knows any good airport creation tools for FSX I may give a go at creating VTBS.Rik

Rik,The only one that I know is FSX Planner by zBlueSoftware. I have no experience of it. Available from http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/index.cfmCheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Yep, I had installed the patches. As I said before, it reminds me of the FSUIPC testing where Pete's changes were working for an Acceleration user but not a SP2 user, and he discovered different versions in one of the dll files.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

There are also the sceneries from Blueprint Simulations. They are not the most complex, but for the price ($15 each) not too bad. I have their KCLE, KMEM, KMSP and KIAD and have no problems at all. Frame rates don't take a major hit either on my system.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Be forewarned about BluePrint, I looked at these closely this past weekend as well. Only their latest scenery KMEM, will install on any x64 (64-bit) operating system. Otherwise, the installer will error-out and quit before it even begins the installation. All previous airports must have a 32-bit OS to even begin the installation.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

That caught me off guard as well initially. I run Vista64. I still dual boot with XP 32 bit for FS9, so I installed under XP and copied over to my FSX drive. They have this as a work around in their FAQs on the website.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Guest grim_marmazet

Thanks Richard,Im currently having a go at building a simple airport to start and hopefully try something more complex later.Cheers for the tip!Rik

>Be forewarned about BluePrint, I looked at these closely this>past weekend as well. Only their latest scenery KMEM, will>install on any x64 (64-bit) operating system. Otherwise, the>installer will error-out and quit before it even begins the>installation. All previous airports must have a 32-bit OS to>even begin the installation.BluePrint in my opinion is wasted money if I may say so. Their airports look like those in the good old days when SimFlyers used to make state of the art airports... but those times are long gone... If I look at an airport done by FlyTampa or Sim-Wings and compare it to BluePrint I often wonder how they even dare to take money for those... sorry that sounds harsh I know... But just compare and you'll see...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Downloaded your new KSFo today, Don. Love the expanded layout!I tested WOAI with it and there are taxi issues with planes arriving on 28R ....other than that, I dig the new track.You know anyone with a KSFO scenery with the now demolished Rotunda A removed from Terminal 1? thanx for your time,Ken>I've been trying to create KSFO for the past couple of months>and I'm not very satisfied with the results of my efforts. Too>bad the default airports are so inadequate.>

Sorry to disagree, but I've got the BluePrint KIND airport installed on my FSX system -- it looks great and performs very well. The only downside that I know of is the lack of functioning jetways, but that is a minor niggle. [That sometimes mimics reality too well since the jetways balked during both of my previous flights.] As a bonus, you actually get TWO installations. A new Midfield Terminal, due to open in October, 2008, is being built between the parallels. So, when you install KIND for FSX, you have a choice. You can install the current terminal (in which case the Midfield Terminal is shown with cranes), or you can move forward to post-October, 2008 and have the Midfield Terminal activated. Since the files for both situations are installed on my computer, I have even switched back and forth. For my money, it's one of the best packages for the price out there!

Blueprint had a patch for KIAD for the Cycle 0806 runway number change on 05 Jun... plus, at that low price I'm more than pleased to have something that is much better than the default. Man, those default airports are ugly.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mower

FYI FS9 airports seem to work with FSX.