Sign in to follow this  
OneDownOne2Go

747-400X CTD when assigning keys

Hi,I just reinstalled FSX and the 747-400X on my new vista32-ultimate system and got the queen working with some little adjustments, but:when I try to assign key-commands using the options-menue, fsx performs CTD.The submenue opens, I can select category and item, click on set, and when I hit a key, the CTD happens.I run FSX with the admin-account to prevent any troubles with the user-rights.Any idea what may cause this or how 2 fix it?My specsAMD FX2 BE23002GB RAMgForce 7300GTVista 32 ultimate (no SP1)FSX AccelerationPMDG 747-400X 2.0Best regards and thx in advanceKai aka OneDownOne2Go

I have had some problems with drop down menus in Vista.Have you tried using windowed mode rather than full screen?I found that works with some of the PMDG specific drop downs.I can go back to full screen after making the changes.Not sure what causes this but I think Vista still has some bugs.Ron

Ron Service

Hi Ron,thx for the tip, but I tried that already.I guess it happens when FSX tries to write the config-file to disk. At least I guess there's a config-file for the key-assingments, I never checked that on XP.Can anybody tell me if a config-file is written, where it's placed and what format it has?I wont keep trying with the faulty stuff if I find a way to do it in notepad.Best regardsKai aka OneDownOne2Go

Did you actually install the plane as Administrator? Have you tried turning off user control even if only to get this working? (User control is a PITA - I got rid of it early on).

Hi Bill,yeah, installed it as administrator. Did not work at all when installed as user, even with admin-privs or "run as admin".I'll try it with user-control switched off and report back on the results.thxKai aka OneDownOne2GoUpdate:Tried it with user-control off and it works!Thanks alot for the fast help!