Sign in to follow this  
Guest toddalexanderdale

747-400X goes nuts in the air

Guest toddalexanderdale

I will do that Dan and let you know the outcome. would Active SkyX play a role? I am also using Vatsim,s FSinn with its weather systems turned off. I have used FSUIPC for FS9 for its reverse trusters. Its a great tool. Any other thoughts or idea are very much appreciatedThanks againTodd Dale

WOW! This problem sounds just like the one I had with my 747-400 in FS9 and I went through all sorts of troubleshooting and hair pulling before I finally stumbled upon the cause. I'm not sure if the problem translates to the 747X in FSX though.The problem concerns electrical noise from your controllers and an option in the PMDG menu. The solution was to either set a larger 'dead zone' for your controllers or 'uncheck' both boxes in the AFDS section of the PMDG options menu concerning both the 'controls and throttle overrides' options, which is what I finally resorted to in the end. My 747-400 now behaves as it should.Kim

Guest toddalexanderdale

Hi Kim: when you say"The solution was to either set a larger 'dead zone' for your controllers" how would I set that up? I am using GOfligh's throttles and ch products yoke?Any idea would be helpfull.- as the the two boxes, I have always had the two boexes in controls override uncheckedThanks todd dale

Todd, if your are using the full version of FSUIPC, you can set the dead zone or null zone ranges for all your controllers, but ESPECIALLY the throttles, within this program. Just go into FSUIPC from the main FSX menu and set up all your axis and sensitivities there for all your controllers. Also make sure you have the latest version from Pete Dowson as well. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlIf you don't have the full version of FSUIPC, you'll have to use the internal FSX control setup menu. The dead zones should be under the 'sensitivities' option for your controller setup. You should see an option for setting the 'null zone' range for each controller. I haven't used FSX to look at the menu structure so I'm not sure how it looks. Start with a low setting and slowly increase the size to see if it works. Does Go flight have a control manager? That might help also.Since you already have the AFDS boxes unchecked, I don't know if this will solve the problem for you, but you can give it a try to see if any electrical input spikes are causing the behavior you are having with your 747.Kim

ToddI had EXACTLY the same experiences and it related to Active Sky X.If I flew without it running it was fine but turned on was a different story. I believed was was due a 'ticked' option within ASX to 'Enable Wind Smoothing', this of course meant ASX, FSX and FSUIPC were all fighting to control any environmental effects. I would be happily flying along with a programmed route on the FMC, VNAV and LNAV engaged and AP. The wind direction indicator on the ND would suddenly shift 180 degrees, speed would suddenly change and the aircraft would bank left and right traversing the magenta line. Due to the sudden change in wind direction/Speed from head wind to tail wind the IAS would drop or increase radically resulting in either red ticker tape marking (overspeed) or yellow ones (stall) on the display. Altitude too would suddenly change as a result.First check your ASX options and turn off its 'wind smoothing', next try flying off-line without Vatsim.I also cannot set up my default flight for the 747-400X as the sim crashes as it tries to load the navigation points and routes prior to reaching FSX's initial welcome screenHope this helpsChris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Guest N745AM

HiI think I have the same problem as Todd, here is a screenshot, I must add that this problem began after I bought and install the 747 freight version, I use a normal and simple joysitck and for my weather I use FS real weather update every 15 mins. I'm using FS9 and the mess starts after passing FL180.thanks in advance for any help!Jorge Meneseshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188624.jpg