Sign in to follow this  
awais1407

Help with programming RNAV SID (PMDG 747x)

Hi guys,I found the following the following RNAV SID for Cairo Int'l and was having some difficulty in programming the MENKU 1D procedure.Can someone please give me some step by step advice on how I would program this SID in the FMC.I have read the tutorials and searched the forums, but not having much luck with programming it properly.I have attached the image of the SID. Thanks in advance.Regards,Awais M.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188564.jpg

Try this for starters (where "1L LSK" means Number 1 Left Line Select Key", "1R LSK" means Number 1 Right Line Select Key etc):CVO229/6Press 1L LSK190/3000APress 1R LSKCVO206/1Press 2L LSKCVOPress 3L LSKCVO330/23Press 4L LSK220/13000APress 4R LSKN3026.2E03101.1Press 5L LSK[Next page on FMC Legs]MENKU (or, if MENKU is missing from your database, N3105.5E03018.1)Press 1L LSKThere are better ways to do this with the LevelD 767 FMC (eg, you can force the plane to turn left or right and/or to "fly over", rather than "fly by", a waypoint). There may be other ways with the PMDG too.Tim

Oh ok thanks I'll try this.It's the initial left turn (looks like a tear drop) at CA521 to CVO that I was unsure how to program into the FMC...Regards,Awais M.

Hi Tim, An excellent answer the helps me understand some things. But...1) Should the third step be CVO026/1 instead of CVO206/1? (i.e. a typo)2) Why do you use the '1' in CVO026/1? Is it just to tell the FMC to get unto the heading so it can do the intercept or is there another reason?3) Could the 4th step be CVO/7000A instead of just CVO to indicate you want to be (at or) above 7000' passing CVO?Regards,Paul Smith.

Paul1) CVO206/1 is, I think, correct: it is 26+180, bringing you just to the south west of CVO.2) The '1' in CVO206/1 is meant to (i) bring you in to CVO on the correct radial (ii) prevent the plane from turning too early towards the waypoint AFTER CVO and (iii) encourage it to turn to the left rather than the right. Other sims let you do this sort of thing differently and, I think, more predictably/accurately.3) You are right about CVO/7000A: I didn't spot the altitude restriction there.I should say that I was not sitting in front of the PMDG when I made my suggestion so I cannot tell whether the PMDG will do exactly what I expect. As I mentioned, it is not as easy to force it to do simple things as some other implementations, such as turning in a particular direction towards the next waypoint.RgdsTim