Sign in to follow this  

FollowMe car in fs2004 ? How's this for an ID ?

Since FS2002 manages to make 3D objects to follow a taxiway, why not make a 3D object do the same thing but while being a FollowMe car. In that way they could dump the ugly pink "progressive taxi" line and replace it with something more "as real as it gets".All the little thing has to do is come from somewhere, go stand in front of you, and just as AI can't run into you from the back, it shouldn't go any faster than you are going but while being in front. Then just folow the same route as ATC has given to you.There you go, can't be quite difficult to program (seen what they can do by now ...)Maybe it's even a thought for some Freeware Addon programmers .. (seen what they can do by now !!!)GreetzP.http://users.skynet.be/plipke/Plipke01S.jpg

follow me cars are used mainly at airshows so it would not be very realistic for normal airport operations. It was an interesting idea though :-) It would be way better than the ugly pink line. Andrew :-wave

How about progressive taxi instructions from ground control (next left, next right, etc.) This is real world. Would be even better with taxiway signs.

I think the reason Microsoft ommited to include taxiway signs in FS2002 is because of the number of airports in the game.

I think, you guys, have to take a look at the magnificent airportsof Bremen (Germany) and Malaga (Spain)? (LEPA) programmed by Oliver Pabst. There you have working "Follow Me" cars and a lot more!hm

Hi,Sorry, LEPA is the airport of Palma de Majorca on Majorca, a Spanish island and well known holiday resort in the Mediterranian See ;-) .hm

Well at LEIB,LEPA and what ever Menorca is they have FollowMe cars there when i went to Ibiza last year there was one there to guide our plane into the spot, I was gonna say Reus airport had one theree but the were only four parking spaces at that airport.I downloaded a LEPA(Palma De Mallorca) scenery the other week and that has about 4 follow me cars on that work

Yup, at Ljubljana (Slovenia) this summer (july) I saw this procedure take place. A plane was guided by a follow me car. That's when I thought of the idea. But you gotta admit, even if not used in real at most airports, this would be much much much better than the stupid pink line. The ATC giving you extended vectors would be nice too.