Sign in to follow this  
Guest IceWinGs

CH Throttle Quad with 747-400 FS9

Guest IceWinGs

hey guys, my ch yoke, pedals and throttle quadrent came a few days ago, all is great excpet that the throttle quad doesnt work well, its too sensitive, all the axis keep screwing up, its imposible to control it precisely and taxi is impossible. i was wondering if anyone who has experience with these products could help me. iv tried the sensitivity,deadzone & disbabled a few axis.Control Manager is still confusing i still cant get mapped mode to show up... A setup file from anyone who uses the CH Control Center would be helpfull.pedals & yoke r great after a bit of tweaking.thanx for any helpKaveesh Singh

Although not familiar with your hardware, I do like the FSUIPC registered version for setting control inputs. It allows you to apply very custom response curves for each axis as well as delegating the settings to aircraft type. As a plus, the registered version solves the MSFS horrible WX engine's tendency to create wind/pressure/temperature shifts and for this reason is one of my must-have add-ons.

Dan Downs KCRP

While I have replaced the throttle quadrant with a Saitek throttle (it's now in the closet...), I never had any problems with the CH Products units except for sometimes getting the throttle 2 lever to engage reverse.I did install the CH products software but never used the Control Manger - only their calibration utility in windows. What I usually did was to set the sensitivity to full and deadzone to zero in MSFS2k4. I then used FSUIPC to set the range for the different axis. Sometimes I would get strange values for the ranges and running the calibration routine usually fixed that. Not much help I suppose but at least "any" :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hello Kaveesh,I also own the throttle quadrant, and I had the same problem. It is indeed not possible to control 4 engines and keep them synced in a stable manner.The only solution I've found so far is to use only one axis for all throttles, but still move 4 levers in the quadrant. This way you can still feel 4 levers on your hands but the control is stable through only one "active" axis.Greetings from Finland!

Guest IceWinGs

thanks for the quick replys everyone, ill give fsupic a shot, i noticed in calibrations that the z axis is always jerkeying around while the others r dead precise, the only solution i can think of is changing all the levers to just 1 axis but i dnt think thats possible through fs only the ch control center which i cant get to run yet. waste of money if we only get 1 lever working... the yoke already had one working perfectly.Kaveesh Singh

I can

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The Control Manager does work well to eliminate calibration problems with the throttle quad, but I agree it's difficult to understand. Try out this PDF and see if it helps you understand how to program your own maps.http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017You can also go to the CH Products Hanger Chat forum (from the above link even) to find other user maps for download.Kim

I would definitely recommend DISABLING all joysticks in FS9 and using a registered copy of FSUIPC to control all axis. You can customize almost anything and it has worked flawlessly in hundreds of hours of simming.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I definitely agree that using FSUIPC is the best way to go for the calibration of your controllers. But if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC (you should buy it for at least this reason), you can't get access to the calibration function. Otherwise, you are stuck with the CH Products Control Manager and it's hairy and obtuse scripting functions.You can get some very good user maps for both the 737 and 747 from the CH Hanger Chat forum if you don't have the full version of FSUIPC.Kim

I totally agree with the others in using FSUIPC for assigning the aircraft functions. I too emphasize that it is necessary to disable any and all control functions in the FS control assignment window. If any are there, you will have conflicts. I assign each of the 4 engines of the **'s B17 to their own axis. Some adjustment is always necessary to sync the engines. Need to have an eye on the gauges to do so but it is not diffulcult. On the PMDG 737 each engine is assigned its' own axis as well and no problems here.Jim D.

Guest IceWinGs

thnks everyone gona buy fsupic and config everything through that see how that goes the ch control managaer is too buggy atmKaveesh Singh

I too am using the entire CH setup. I use the control manager for my maps and calibration. I have not had a problem doing this. I have mapped the flaps and speedbrakes to the two right side levers using FSUIPC and they work just fine. One word of warning. I did have my throttles set up with FSUIPC for a brief period and it worked well with the PMDG planes. I did have problems with planes from another manufacturer though. For that one the autrottles would only command full power. the simulation seemed to recognize that the levers were not at full power but the engines stayed at full thrust. The onther issue I had was with the reverse thrust mapped to one of the levers on the yoke. It only works some of the time. If I go back into FSUIPC and mess with it they will work again. I have never had that problem with the flaps or speedbrakes.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest IceWinGs

Hey Tom! any chance u could send me ur MAS config file for the CH Control Centre that would be great. I installed the control centre but at first the Off/Direct/Mapped mode didint show up so i removed all drivers and reintalled then plugged the controllers in. Now im am getting Off & Direct Mode but Mapped Mode still doesnt show up, not sure if im doing something wrong or if the drivers arent properly up. Any ideas for what might be causing it?Thanks, Kaveesh Singh

Contrary to the problems you experienced, I've not had any of those. Of course, I don't have the 747 but only the 737 models. Also I don't see problems in any of the other aircraft as long as the "specific aircraft" box is checked, and that includes freeware and payware planes.On the 737's, to set reverse thrust on the CHTQ with FSUIPC, I first assign the positve number with the lever full forward, then I move the lever to slightly below the detent and set the first middle number, then again a slight movement back to set the second middle number, then all the way back and set the negative number. Reversers then only are activated when the levers are pulled back all the way. This allows for a 'nuetral' section of the levers where the engines are at idle and do not go into reverse unintentionally.Remember too that each aircraft's functions must be calibrated separatly.Jim D.

Guest kdundon

Guys, try out the guide on Pete Dowson's forum for setting up Ch Products with FSUICP. I used it and have my throttles working independantly and have reverse thrust working on each throttle. I also have the setup for using Ch Products software with working throttles for both 4 engine and 2 engine aircraft. It works for PMDG, PSS, and Level D. The CH products works in FS9 and using FSUICP I have the same working in FSX. My setup for FS9 is on the CHProducts forum under downloads if your interested.http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54