Sign in to follow this  
Guest bw_uk2008

really really stuck newbie-ish

Guest bw_uk2008

Can any one help me.I just get the hang of using the FMC. I've tried reading the read me files that came with the software, but i dont really understand them.Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you

First off...please use your proper name. This gives us a feeling of talking to a 'real' person. Thanks.I am not sure exactly what you don't understanding at present. It is quite likely that you will have lots of questions about the FMC as you get to use it. So start by asking a question or two about specific difficulties. You will find many members here who are more than willing to try to answer the questions.Good flying,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest SkullxBones

Try these videos. They are for the 737, but it will get you going. There are about 9 of them in this series. He also has some SID STAR videos tutorials that are pretty good.

Try looking for this in the AVSIM library :pmdg747_advancedtutorial.zipThe FMC will probably take you ages to master, you will get good at the basics pretty quick tho, and the rest you can learn at your own pace. One of the things that helped me a lot was FSBuild, it can export flightplans directly to the PMDG 737/747 FMC. Whilst you should learn how to input them directly into the FMC, using FSBuild can save a lot of time planning your flight, and you can see why the FMC plan looks like it does (on the FMC screen) by comparing it to the graphical FSBuild display.Chris Dalgarno