Sign in to follow this  
raggy99

Multi Monitor Issue

I have a 2 monitors and have not used both in fs before. however i would like to use it now....I have all the PMDG installed 737's and 744. iam trying to use the 737.Main Panel in Monitor 1 and Overhead in Monitor 2.i check the multimonotor box in the memu and monitor 2 goes black. i try to drag the over head into that window and i goes from window 1 but it does not show up in monitor 2.monitor 2 is above monitor 1 in the setup screen.Any Ideas how to fix this?Many Thanks

- ensure you have setup both monitors in FS Display settingsif so, the following quick step by step tutorial should work- ensure FS9 is NOT in fullscreen but in windowed mode (ALT-Return)- Open the Overhead Panel- Right Click the OHP and select undock window- drag the OHP Window to Monitor 2- click the main panel on Monitor 1 to ensure it is the 'active' window (you might skip this one, but i think it prevents my setup from crashing to desktop when i bring FS back in fullscreen mode)- bring FS back in Fullscreen mode (ALT-Return) or leave it in windowed mode if you like- you might need to adjust the OHP Panel sizeGood Luck,Joerg

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Do you have a second (or 2th) empty PCIe slot?If it's only for undocking windows, you can install a cheap graphics card and connect 2 more screens. Windows XP supports up to 10 I believe.Best Regards,Bert.

Guest sanal

Alex,I am very interesed having two or three monitors systems for FSX.I have some questions I will appreciate if you answer my questions.1-What kind monitors are they? It looks like they don't have side frames.2-How can you connect three monitors? Are these monitors can cause FPS drop?3-Are you in VC mode or 2D? Can I build this system for 2D?4- I have 22" Samsung 226BW. Will it better if I leave 22" in middle for cockpit view and two 19" each side for other viewe?5- Do I need any software or equipment to activate three monitors?ThanksSanal

Sanal- My system runs FS9- it's now 5 years old so I have no experience with FSX & multi monitors- but I see reports of simmers who are running X this way. To answer your queries-1. 2 mons are 7 yr old 19" CRTs. To save space and fit everything into 48", the left mon is a 17" LCD- the bezel (side frame) of which, partially overlaps the centre CRT bezel. There appears to be no problem mixing CRTs and LCDs. There is a simple way to correct for any combination of bezel widths so that the 3 images & horizons are fully synchronized & aligned in roll and pitch.These pics are screen shots- which delete bezels. 2.Two monitors are driven from the main AGP video card, the third is connected to a PCI card. These cards are both quite old GeForce FX5200s. Yes there is an FPS drop- about 50% from single mon- but still very flyable. Remember, my eyes are seeing 3 times the number of pixels that you see with a single mon- so even with a lower FPS, the result is a much higher "quality" of image- even with reduced FPS.3. This set up is 2D only. If you wish Virtual, I would suggest you consider Triple Head 2 Go. 4.Since FS9 main panels are all designed for conventional ratio mons, I would keep a standard ratio mon for main and use wide (or standard) ratio mons for the secondaries. I think the same applies for FSX but I understand some designers may be offering 2D main panels in wide format. Regardless, this is not a big issue- there are ways around it.5.No software necessary but another Video card will be needed for a third mon. I would guess you should be able to run two mons from your present card. Activation/setup is simple via ControlPanel/ Display/ Settings.6.We are likely going to be told this tech topic belongs on the FS Hardware forum! Hope this helps. Alex Reid

Guest sanal

Alex,ThanksSanal

Hi,How do you manage to expand the view over 3 different monitors?I use a triplehead for that but i think you use different VGA-outputs.Best Regards,Bert.

Bert- This is NOT an "expanded" view as you get with TH2Go. Rather it is 3 separate views- Views Left Fwd, Fwd, Right Fwd all synchronized so they remain fully aligned even when flying aerobatics.This gives me a Field of View of 150

Alex-I've been tinkering with the idea of putting three LCDs side by side....So no- you won't be told to take this discussion to the hardware forum. ;-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert- delighted to hear of another prospective convert to multi mon!Once you've sampled a 150