Sign in to follow this  
sammach

747-400 FMC Nav Radio Page

Guest CharlesCrow

>I'll tell you how to do it in the PMDG if you tell us all how>it's done for real!>>For manual ILS: in the NAV RAD page of the FMC, enter the>desired ILS and frontcourse into the scratchpad: eg,>110.10/269. Then press the 4th line select key from the top>left (the one next to "PARK" assuming autotune has not>supplied any frequency).>>For manual VOR: in the NAV RAD page of the FMC, enter the>desired frequency into the scratchpad: eg, 116.20. Then press>the 1st line select key on the top left (the one next to VOR>L); or on the top right (the one next to VOR R). You can also>enter a course by entering the desired course into the>scratchpad then pressing the 2nd line select key on the left>or the right.>>TimTim,With the exception of some settings on the radio panel (that PMDG has not simulated) that is very close to how we do it in the real bird. Only problem is that when I try it that way it gives me the same stinking "invalid entry" error message. In the FMS the small "A" should go away from the nav tuning next to LSK1 and the numbers go dim but other than that the procedure is the same. I still don't know why I can't get mine to work. :(

Sorry if I am missing something...Yes, it seems clear how to tune a VOR station and select a radial in the FMC of the 744...but, how do I make the aircraft follow that track ?.The 737 has a VOR/LOC button in the MCP, but how about the 744 ?Thanks.

There are now (at least) 3 different problems under discussion in this thread.1. How to enter VOR/ADF/ILS information into the FMC. I think this has now been resolved to everyone's satisfaction.2. How get the FMS to track the desired radial of a VOR entered into the FMC. This cannot be done through NAV RAD. You need to enter the VOR as a waypoint on the LEGS page and control the course from there. The PMDG has no separate ability to track a radio signal. In this, I believe, it accurately reflects the real thing: but I'd be interested to hear from those who've flow it.3. How to overcome an "Invalid entry" error when entering VOR/ADF/ILS information into the FMC, ASSUMING that the correct method of input has been used. Only four possible causes of this problem occur to me. (i) Most probably, the navdata has become corrupted. Exit FSX, then download and install a fresh Navdata package to see if this helps. (ii) The installation of the aircraft has become more generally corrupted. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling, with all the service packs, to see if this helps. (iii) Some other add-on product is affecting the PMDG's operation. This is unlikely, I think. (iv) FSX and/or some part of your operating system has become corrupted: heaven help you if you need to track something down here.Tim

Guest CharlesCrow

Hey guys I got my problem fixed. :) Seems the radios section of the aircraft.cfg was messed up. All working as it should now. :) I do think this is a great plane. It looks GREAT in the VC and the hit to the frames is not bad at all. I wish the 737 line was as nice in the VC area. Oh well, happy flying all!

"Same thing happens to me. I am a real-world pilot and have never run into this using a real FMS. You can ALWAYS overide the auto NAV radio tuning so what gives with the PMDG 747???"ALWAYS?A real world _744_ pilot would know that ILS autotuning and manual tuning is inhibited when:*the autopilot is engaged and either the loc or g/s is captured or*the FD is ON and either the loc or g/s is captured and the aircraft is below 500' or*on the ground with the loc alive, airplane heading is within 45 degrees of the loc front course , and ground speed is greater than 40kts.http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...e_the_radios.3FI may be mistaken, but PMDG seems to be being abused for a poor product when users don't even know how the real aircraft operates.. or how to use the FAQ's or Avsim search function.Rgds/Q>

"2. How get the FMS to track the desired radial of a VOR entered into the FMC. This cannot be done through NAV RAD. You need to enter the VOR as a waypoint on the LEGS page and control the course from there. The PMDG has no separate ability to track a radio signal. In this, I believe, it accurately reflects the real thing: but I'd be interested to hear from those who've flow it."Or perhaps someone who fixes real 744's?767, 744 and 777 autopilots have never had the ability to track a VOR radial other than by using a VOR waypoint in an FMC Route. Simply fly towards your desired radial in HDG SEL or HDG Hold, enter the VOR at the top of the LEGS page, but before executing the changes, enter an intercept course at R6 of the legs page. The intercept course will correspond to the inbound or outbound radial, depending on how you want to fly the radial. After executing, arm LNAV.Cheers.Q> イアン

Guest CharlesCrow

>"Same thing happens to me. I am a real-world pilot and have>never run into this using a real FMS. You can ALWAYS overide>the auto NAV radio tuning so what gives with the PMDG 747???">>ALWAYS?>>A real world _744_ pilot would know that ILS autotuning and>manual tuning is inhibited when:>>*the autopilot is engaged and either the loc or g/s is>captured or>*the FD is ON and either the loc or g/s is captured and the>aircraft is below 500' or>*on the ground with the loc alive, airplane heading is within>45 degrees of the loc front course , and ground speed is>greater than 40kts.>>http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...e_the_radios.3F>>I may be mistaken, but PMDG seems to be being abused for a>poor product when users don't even know how the real aircraft>operates.. or how to use the FAQ's or Avsim search function.>>Rgds/>Q>>> Q, What did I say? ALWAYS! Yes, the above variables you named will cause the auto-tune to become "active

Guest ColdBear

Q,you are right the A/P can NOT track a VOR radial if not in the legs page. however you CAN enter the VOR and Radial in the Nav rad page and follow it manually with HDG SEL and just remmember to switch to VOR mode on the ND. :DMartin

"Yes, the above variables you named will cause the auto-tune to become "active

Guest hangar744

Darn NAV RAD, I stick with 29 and 32.chill out,delcom

"Darn NAV RAD, I stick with 29 and 32."lolChillin'... except when I get sprayed with some 29 leaking from 32 during my walkaround.Cheers.Q>

Guest earendil1234

Um, sorry that I revive this old topic but I would like to know if it is possible a radial from a a station instead of to a station. Entering the Station and the intercept course will only track the radial inbound and not oubound a station...Anyone can help me?