Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris493

744 F Problem on Take-off

Guest chris493

Hi all,I'm fairly new to FS and I recently purchased the 744f along with the 744. When I try to take-off in the 744 everything goes normal, but when I try and take-off in the 744f the plane wont lift off even though im at 200 knots, full flaps and full thrust. The tail just drags along the groung and the main landing gear dont lift off at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting FS, restarting my computer and everything but no luck.It is not just one model of the 744f its all the models.Please help!

Hi,Please sign your post per forum rules!What do you mean with "full flaps"?Max TO flaps is 20!And did you set the trim correct according to the values given by the FMC (witch depends on TO weight) ?

Guest chris493

When I say full flaps I meant full tak-off setting, which is 20, and yes I did set the trim according to the FMC.CheersChris

Did you do a flight controls check on the STAT page, to make sure the elevators are actually going up when you move the joystick/yoke/keyboard?Subin.

Whats your ZFW on the FMC ? im sure your aware there is a seperate load editor for the freighter?Rob

Rob Prest

Guest B744_236

Just to clarify the trim issue. The fmc will give the value for the trim ie: 6.0 if your weight is fairly high. However, it will not set the trim - you still need to set that manually on the thrust control panel using the 1 and 7 numberpad keys with num lock off during setting it.Sorry if you know all this allready.RegardsRob

Guest chris493

Hi,Yes I did set the trim correctly (via the thrust panel) and I have checked all the ZFW and MTOW and they are not to high. I have tried flying with no cargo in the aircraft at all and only 50% fuel but still no luck. The trim is always set to what the fmc says.

Guest chris493

Hi boys,I have managed to resolve the problem. It turns out that if you don't use the PMDG load editor for the 744F and you don't use the FS2004 load manager either and just use the default cargo set when you choose the aircraft, this problem will occur. So if this happens to you follow the following steps.1. Choose the PMDG 744F aircraft of your choice in FS2004.2. Once on the main menu, minimize FS and start the 744F load manager. (Found in start menu)3. Select your cargo, save the settings and close the program.4. Go back to FS and select your flightplan, weather, time and date etc.Thanks for all those who tried to help!

Never had that issue myself. I start the LM first, then FS.Best regards,Robin.

Guest chris493

Hey Robin,Yeh I think it depends on certain things. I dunno but if it does happen to other people then they know what to do.

Chris,You should run the LM BEFORE you boot up FS.I'm sure it's mentioned in the AoM...really well worth a good read before you progress further.Kind RegardsSteve Bellpilotinfo.php?pid=0538&bg=b744

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'