Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

pmdg 747x freighter load panel crash

Hi everybody,I just recently bought the 747 for fsx. I was going to do my first flight right now, but I encountered a problem. Whenever I try to load the cold and dark panel configuration fsx crashes. Any help in this? I really want to fly it, but it continues to crash. Thanks,Steven

Create you own cold and dark panel, only takes a minute to shut off the fuel and everything on the overhead. Does it crash for any other reason?

Dan Downs KCRP

No it runs perfect. Well I have not really tested it extensively but so far it seems very very very realistic. WOW!Oh is there any place that I can find a 747f fuel planner because I have only found one for the pax version.

Wow I found something that freaked out. Ok well I was doing my second flight. KLAX to KJFK- I went with high altitude airways and I planned it on my own- my first one I ever planned without any help. Well on my initial climb out. The entire skin of the jet was gone- I saw all of the innards. Then the floor in the VC was gone! Anyone see this before. Well it kinda ruined the 4 hours I put into it. So anyone see this or am I the first case- I think I heard about it before and I think it happened once on my 767 from another good developer.

Oh is there any place where those type rating courses are set up for fsx

Steven: Please sign your name on each post.You've asked for help... but don't know what your problem(s) is(are). Maybe a separate thread for each issue would be more effective at soliciting help... right now your thread title is panel crash but I can't tell if you solved that or not... the video card problem has come up before but someone with experience with that issue wouldn't be reading this thread.Not that I can help with video card or tutorial questions myself, just offering suggestions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Steven:A bit frenetic, don't you think? Anyway- try this-http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/docs.htmlThe type rating courses will suffice for both airframes. The visual issue has been discussed and should be fixed with the release that Robert (aka Robert Mondavi- "We will release no wine before its time and no Boeing before we're sure it can get going" ;) ) has promised shortly.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Well it was three days and I love to fly this bird- I guess I was a little fenetic- ok a lot. Well I made my own cold and dark file and I have been using that so I guess that is solved- I wont worry about the other one. Also I want to do some freighter flights and I need a fuel planner- I have no clue how to do it manually I read the manual but I just dont get it. Also I have another problem. I always get an application hang and I have no clue what to do about it. I have heard people having it, but I cant find a thread in which they fix it. So 2 things the fuel planner and the application hang then I will be very happy.Steven

Steven:Sorry- I can't help you with the FP program as I use a pencil and paper for all my calculations- old-fashioned but it works! The manual is a great place to start for basic fuel calculations. Avsim does have one at: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=75291and I seem to remember Dan Downs also writing one- perhaps I'm mistaken?As far as the "hang" I have not experienced it- but then 99% of the time I still fly FS9. The update which ought to arrive any day now- should fix most of the issues in FSX. Perhaps http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQ will help?I wish I could offer more, but I cannot overstress taking the time to read and understand the manual and the type rating courses.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I see well i have been crazy about this plane for a while. Thanks for your help. Steven

Well I could not find anything for the app. hang. but I found another problem. I was doing a flight from kjfk to egll and right in the middle of the flight when I would switch to spot view then back to the vc the gauges did not work. They were frozen. So what I did is switch to the mcp view and back again and the gauges worked perfect but the same thing happened everytime. Any help? Will this be solved in the new patch?Steven