Sign in to follow this  
Guest chris493

PMDG 747-400F take-off problem READ PLEASE!-FS2004

Guest chris493

Hi all,I have already posted this but i get no luck. When I try to take-off in a 747-400F with flaps 20, trim 6.0, empty load, full take-off thrust, perfect weather and a runway with a 744f capable length the aircraft will just not take-off. The nose wheel will lift off and the wings will flex how they should. I have followed the FMC procedures and have made sure everything is correct but still the aircraft won't lift off.I am new to MSFS and I really need help.P.S: I do have the 744 for FS2004 installed first and I have tried reinstalling everything in the order which PMDG tell you.

>When I try to take-off in a 747-400F with flaps 20, trim 6.0, empty >load,full take-off thrust, perfect weather and a runway with a 744f>capable length the aircraft will just not take-off. The nose>wheel will lift off and the wings will flex how they should. I>have followed the FMC procedures and have made sure everything>is correct but still the aircraft won't lift off.Flaps 20 seems excessive to me, especially with no freight on board. Have you tried 10 deg flaps?Iain Smith

Ian, flaps 20 would decrease his take off roll, it only affects initial climb performance.OP I'm sure you posted this before? can you give us figures pls? GW ZFW FMC computed V1 VR V2 and if possible a screenshot of the PFD at rotation and/or the EICAS stat page with full up Elevator.Rob

Rob Prest

Chris:I'm with Rob! She wants to fly, she was designed to fly, and at appropriate power settings, she can't help BUT fly- so I'm not sure what the issue is. There is physically no way to provide correctly computed full T/O thrust to the empty airframe- with Flaps 20 and an approximately correct trim condition- and not achieve lift-off. In reality- if I ever departed in that condition- I'd be much more dubious about a successful abort!I would be inclined to examine your joystick connection- and as Rob suggests check the EICAS STATUS PAGE for proper elevator throws- that ought to be part of your after start checklist anyway.....you have read the manual cover to cover twice, right?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest B744_236

Hi Chris.I agree the FMC weights V refs etc. and a screenshot may help us to work out the problem.A couple of other things to check as well are any confusion in the fuel weights eg KG or LBS. Also is your joystick calibrated ok.Are you setting T/O thrust manually or via TO/GA switch and making sure you are at approx 70% N1 before starting the T/O roll.RegardsRob

I seem to recall an issue some time ago that people had with certain sceneries that caused the wheels to become "stuck" under the tarmac and prevented the aircraft from lifting off. My memory is a bit shaky but a google search might yield a bit more.Sorry I couldn't offer more help, but I hope this will give you another avenue to troubleshoot your problem.Good luck.Regards,Walter MeierKPDX

Walter Meier

Bitumus runways cause problems with the PMDG 747... They cause the aircraft to bounce and crash at high speeds. The only major airport I know that has that problem is the default WSSS so they are very rare in FS9.Rob

Rob Prest

Does the 747 pax version lift off OK?

Guest chris493

Hi all,The 744 Pax lifts off fine. I have tried all the checks you tell me and the elevators work fine. The speeds are all correct. The flaps are in the 20 position and are locked there (fully in the position, not half way between). The airport is the default LAX which shouldn't cause problems. All the V speeds areas the FMC supplies etc. There is nothing wrong with the aircraft except it does not fly (I hope this isn't a PMDG fault in the software, a bug or something?)By the way screenshots will follow shortly for your help along with the info the FMC supplies! Also I am using the keyboard and not a joystick(too much hassle!) I have also tried using manual thrust and TO/GA thrust but both are the same!

Also I am using the keyboard and not a joystick(too much hassle!) I have also tried using manual thrust and TO/GA thrust but both are the same!?????

Rob Prest

Guest chris493

Well, Im not using a joystick!I have tried accelerating the throttle to 70% first and then to take-off power-this didn't work.I have tried using TO/GA for take-off-didn't work

Have you accidentaly assign the Wing Fold Option to a Cargo Door?Just a hint. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Guest chris493

Hi boys,I have managed to resolve the problem. It turns out that if you don't use the PMDG load editor for the 744F and you don't use the FS2004 load manager either and just use the default cargo set when you choose the aircraft, this problem will occur. So if this happens to you follow the following steps.1. Choose the PMDG 744F aircraft of your choice in FS2004.2. Once on the main menu, minimize FS and start the 744F load manager. (Found in start menu)3. Select your cargo, save the settings and close the program.4. Go back to FS and select your flightplan, weather, time and date etc.Thanks for all those who tried to help!

Chris glad you got it sorted but I did mention the freighter load editor in your previous post.Rob

Rob Prest