Sign in to follow this  
claviermichel

Interesting link

Hi,Just saw in another forum this link: http://www.euroutepro.com/fp/fp_main.php?i...=&search=%3E%3EFor those of you using Flightaware and getting frustrated for the lack of non US routes here is a nice addition. Routes intra Europe as well as ex Europe to are made available as soon as a real world flight plan has been filed by the airline(s). Seems pretty accurate as far as I can see. I checked a couple of routes ex EDDF to the far east, all of them are spot on. Do not have the right connections to the airlines flying to Africa / Middle East but someone maybe could check for their accuracy too. Routes can be used in FSBuild by copy/paste process.Worth looking at!PS.: maybe I should mention where I found this link: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=45430&page=Although there is not much in terms of accuracy information in that link credit for finding this link should be given to the original poster.Best regards

It does seem like interesting and functional site but how do you know the timeliness of the data? So I know which to choose when mulitple routes are indicated b/w city-pairs?OT: BTW, while examining a NAT route from this site, it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask.Why do jet-routes to/from the US, over Quebec, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia, contain so few fixes? Some of these routes have 500nm or more between fixes. Even the daily NAT tracks over open water use lat/long points with much less distance between them.I can understand the lack of physical VOR fixes, but why so few GPS fixes along these jet-route feeding NAT tracks? I always seem to find a route in FSBuild with a good daily NAT track in use, only to find one or two fixes b/w Newfoundland and Maine. Just curious as to what the logic behind it is.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Those aren't necessarily all real world routes. Those are from a Vatsim database and are compiled from users and Vatsim Divisions submitting them. They should all be valid routes (i.e. don't break any airway/altitude rules) but they may not have all been flown by a RW airline.For a better view of the database and a tab to check for any RW flights using that route check out:http://www.vroute.netThe vRoute program installs a small prog on your system then interrogates the database on their server for the route you want. They can be filtered by AIRAC version as well so that the route fits your AIRAC version if you use Navigraph for AIRACs. There is both a freeware version will full database access or a payware with more bells and whistles.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Very interesting link and read indeed, Michael! I always wondered why some NAT tracks didn't show with FSbuild2 when downloading. Now I do, depending on the time of day and the OTS hours assigned. I also didn't know about some of the SAR criteria and reporting requirments to keep SAR efforts from initiating.But, I don't think the article answered my original question as to why there are so few fixes along Jet routes over Quebec, Nova Scotia, or Newfoundland, seeming before OTS rules would take affect.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE