Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

Excessive smoke from both 747 engines after the update

Guest cliffie1931

After installing the new Service Pack The Queen emits an enormous amount of black smoke from both engines.How do I overcome that problem please?Cliff

Cliff-Seems that you may want to take some time reading through the LIMITATIONS OF THE SIMULATOR section of the INTRODUCTION in the manual.I would expect only to see black smoke if:1) You have engine fires triggered somehow.2) You have re-selected the 400X twice, causing a known problem with FSX that is described in the manual section i've referenced above.So- in short- i don't know what is causing your problem- but we didn't make any modifications to the smoke/fire logic- so I'm not sure what to recommend or how you are triggering that problem by accident.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest cliffie1931

Robert I appreciate your prompt and full response.I've just loaded The Queen again and for some unfathonable reason all is now back to normal. The smoke has vanished.Incidentally thanks for the Service Pack. Well done.Cliff

Guest Mower

I have the exact same problem so I reckon I, too, will try a reinstall.Chris Honke.

Hi RobertSame problem, no engine fires triggered somewhere and no re-select 747.Even after start engines same proble. What I've to do to stop this?Thnaks!Reagrds Marcel

Guest cliffie1931

Marcel try what worked for me. Exit FSX....then launch it again...then select a default heavy aircraft and load it.When it's sitting on the runway with it's engines running change it to the PMDG 747.That worked for me. Good luck.Cliff

Tanks CliffIt works. But then you load the cold & dark situation?Never happens before the update.Will see, what PMDG will tell about this problemReagrds Marcel

Guest cliffie1931

No Marcel I did NOT load "cold and dark". I loaded a default Heavy with both engines running.Cliff

Gents-(Cliff- good to hear you resolved....)We aren't seeing this, so I don't know what might be causing it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest cliffie1931

If it happens again I'll hit the "Print Screen" key and save the picture. Then, if it's at all helpful Robert, if you tell me how send the resultant picture to you I'll gladly do so.If it's complicated then I think I could send it as an attachment to any e-mail address you give me.Cliff

Guest Mower

This is a continuing problem I am afraid, even after a complete FSX reinstall. Solutions please?