Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

FlyByWire (FBW)

Guest Andrej

Hello all,This week was very sad, b/c DF decided to cancel thiers A340 project. I fully understand thier decision. It come to my attention that Apollo Soft. is making FBW. Does anybody hos more info? Is that going to be A320 or A340? Did anybody seen any screenshots, or previews of that product? How would you rate that (Apollo) company? Thank You. All the feedback is appriciated!With the best regards,Andrej Lippay :-wave

Well, from the press they have released so far it seems that it could turn out to be a great product. However there are no screen shots of the panel or aircraft which does concern me. I purchased their First Class 747 package a few years ago and to be quite honest, it was rubbish. Took it off my system straight away. Hopefully, with all the tech advances and updates to FS since, they could make a great product and be the first to release an A340 (I hope). We don't need another A320!Also I here it shouldn't be too long before its released, but I would wait for the reviews, or at least for some screenies :-)AK

Alaister Kay

>purchased their First Class 747 package a few years ago and to be >quite honest, it was rubbish.Wooow, disagree with you there. The First Class Panel was one of the best panels made for FS98 IMO.It doesn't compare to what is out now, but considering what else was available for FS98 at the time it had very few peers really.Put it the proper context FC747 was an outstanding panel. The real concern with Apollo should be support. They never did upgrade the FC panel for FS2000 which made quite a few people angry.Then they disappeared for like 2 years.Now they are back again, if this new A340 comes out this year (I have my doubts really), you should worry about next fall when FS2002 comes out and whether or not Apollo repeats their disappearing act again and your stuck with a good FS2002 product that is useless to you for FS2004.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg