Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Pitch oscillation at curise altitude with 747

This has been reported prior to the latest update being released with the hope that it would be solved. However, the pitch oscillation is still present after the update. It is quite to easy to see on my system. The rate-of-climb indicator moves up and down in a regular pattern (sine wave?), and you can see the model moving in spot view. It seems to be pretty much independent of gross weight, altitude, etc. I notice it with both the FS9 and FSX versions.I guess I must have a weak stomach because it actually makes me feel a little nauseous after watching for a while -- I know, don't watch. But, for me, the effect kind of spoils an almost perfect aircraft.Thanks for your continued pursuit of excellence! We all appreciate it.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

I would like to correct a statement I made in the original post. I only observe the oscillation with the FSX version of the 747. On my system, the FS9 version is very stable.Sorry, and thanks.

Have you ruled-out MSFS WX induced problems? Does it do this with no winds, no weather?

Dan Downs KCRP

The pitch oscillation occurs with no wind and "clear skies". The ground speed and true airspeed are the same.

I am also experiencing this issue with the 747-400X in FSX.I see this pitch oscillation in level flight, but it is most pronounced in the descent phase of flight.Is there any way to eliminate this issue.BTW this happens in clear weather and when I have minor winds and clouds selected.Any ideas?Bingo

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Please sign your name to posts in this forum.If you are experiencing pitch oscillations with no weather, please post a couple of screen shots so we can see what is going on.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,I'll post screen shots later.As to your comment about "Name." I thought Bingo would be ok as that is my handle.My real name is Bill, so is it OK to use Bingo?Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

My real name is Bill, so is it OK to use Bingo?
No. If you read the post pinned near the top of this forum you will see that you are required to sign your posts with your full real name. :( Iain Smith

No. If you read the post pinned near the top of this forum you will see that you are required to sign your posts with your full real name. :( Iain Smith
OK,Missed the note.....will do!Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

I attempted to take a screenshot using "Print Screen" but got an error message.Is there a tool you can recommend that will take multiple shots while flying?Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Are you guys using ASA or ASX or some other weather prog ??? I had the same probs and it was weather relatedRgdsPaul Harvey

Are you guys using ASA or ASX or some other weather prog ??? I had the same probs and it was weather relatedRgdsPaul Harvey
Paul,No weather programs.......it is set to "Fair Weather" in the FSX weather section.I am looking for a tool tool to take screen shots withBill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

I attempted to take a screenshot using "Print Screen" but got an error message.Is there a tool you can recommend that will take multiple shots while flying?Bill Clark
Pause sim/Press V/image in my pictures/open in paint/save as jpeg/upload to tiny pic

Keith Sandford.

Hi All,I wanted to point out that I'm not using and 3rd party weather programs nor weather under FSX other than "Clear Skies." My flight is from Puerto Rico TJSJ to St Maartin TNCM.I have flown this several times, so I hope my images convey what is going on. These oscillations occur in CLB, CRZ, and DES, where DES seems to be the most extreme in terms of the swinging back and forth of the PDI indicator as it attempts to predict the where the A/C will arrive at the programmed altitude. The motion is periodic in nature (possibly sinusoidal). The two images below depict the CLB phase of flight (I hope they are not to big or small as this is the first time I have done this on AVSIM):The next image shows the CRZ phase. In this phase the oscillations are really small, but they are detectable visually when looking out the front of the A/C:The DES phase is appears to tbe the worst as the swings are very noticable, but the plane does reach the proper predictated altitudes where they are sup[posed to. Also, note that the EICAS shows CRZ even though the plane is actually in descent.Bill ClarkSorry, Ignore the image below.

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2