Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drdickie

Pitch oscillation at curise altitude with 747

Time to refer to the AOM, see Aircraft Systems pg 11-29 you'll find thrust mode annuciation. Note there is no descent thrust limit. The CRZ limit will apply during descent until a go-around is active.
Dan,Thanks, I had already printed out the entire manual and have read most of it, including the section you mentioned. There is a lot to digest in the manual, and this is an item that is not intuitive to grasp when you first read page 11-29 by itself, or even remember it 30 pages later. But now that you have pointed it out..............In my mind, I assumed there would be an indication for CLB, CRZ, and DES.......heh, heh......it seemed logical to me.This hobby is always full for surprises......I wonder what the next one will be?Thanks again, all of you,Bill Clark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FWIW, I have this problem too...registered FSUIPC, 747-400X, XP64, REX (textures only not wx engine).+/- 100ish VS swing in VNAV PTH cruise (no weather). and +/- 400 ish swings during VNAV PTH descents.If I put it into VS hold descent...no swings at all. 100% stable, so it's not weather or temperature related. In cruise, if I hold altitude by VS set 0000, no swings.Also I noticed: If I accel the sim to 4x, no swings in cruise or VNAV PTH descent. They will actually damp out to nothing at 4X, and then resume if I put it back into 1x.I wouldn't think the sim rate should make any difference in anything...or if any, make it worse, not better.No swings once on glideslope.I'm pretty sure there's a bug in there somewhere.If I have to, I'll upload a youtube video.LoescherKemah

I have the same problem with the 744X. The aircraft oscillates in cruise at all speeds, irrespective of weather, temperature etc etc...The oscillations are most pronounced during a VNAV PTH descent, where quite frankly, it's like a rollercoaster ride!Changing from VNAV ALT to ALT HOLD makes no difference, but changing from VNAV PTH to FLCH during the descent, causes the oscillations to stop! As others have mentioned, the oscillations are fairly small, but enough to be noticeable and rather irritating. No oscillations whatsoever in FS9!Regards,Martin Neep