Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgcomp

747-400X - Landing off-center rwy

Guest UlfB

Hi,The runway I've been using for testing my problems is ESMS rw35. In the wpNavAPT.txt the entry for this runway seems to be:MALMO STURUP ESMS35 09186351 55.523078 13.378911108.1035100236What does the numbers following ESMS35 represent? The length of the rw is 9168.01 feet and the heading is 351, which seems to be encoded in the first group. The last three digits in the first group is the heading and preceding digits is the length in feet. Right?The second group seems to be the latitude and the third the longitude. Following the longitude, 13.378911, is the digits 108.1035100236. 108.10 is the ILS freq, 351 is the ILS course. 00236 is the elevation. Right?AFX tells me that the center of the rw is:N55.535567 E13.376344I'll try to change the data in the wpNavAPT to reflect the FSX airport data and see if this helps. I know that this is not reflecting the real world, but I dont care much about the real world when flying in FSX.If I would change the FSX airport data, there would be a lot of work to be done. The ILS data and heading of the runway need to be changed from 353 degrees to 351, which would need relocation of all taxiways and hold short nodes. As it seems that most Scandinavian airports are affected by this problem, the amount of work is far too big to be acceptable as a flaw (or rather gap) between the three involved products (FSX, PMDG 747X and the Navigraph navdata). It would be much easier the other way around, that is to adopt the navdata to FSX.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Hi again,I changed the entry for ESMS rw 35 in the wpNavAPT.txt, but this made no difference. The aircraft lands off center, on the right side of the runway. During the final the aircraft doesn't have the ILS marker in center. It's slightly offset to the left, as it's flying to the right of the ILS beam. Shouldnt the ILS marker be in the center. I have winds set to zero.Are there some additional data that need to be changed in the navdata files?This is the change I made in the wpNavAPT.txt file:MALMO STURUP ESMS35 09186353 55.535567 13.376344108.1035300236I'm starting to get a little confused about this.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Hi,In the file wpNavAID.txt I found this entry:ESMS ILS/CAT I SMS ILS 55.550611 13.373250108.10TI guess I've got to specify the exact location of the ILS transmitter as well. Right?I'll give that a try as well.Ulf B

Guest UlfB

Hi,Changing the location of the ILS didn't do it. Still touchdown with the rightmost wheels to the right of the runway.I'm lost. Guess that I have to make a significant change the longitude of both airport and ILS to see if any change of these settings in the navdata files will make any difference.Ulf B

Good grief Ulf, this thread is getting hard to read.You can change the navdata to anything you want, but the PMDG does not use that information to create the ILS. That already exists in MSFS. The navdata is only used for ND display and setting frequency.In this case, even the cessna was off center so I thought it was obvious that the problem had nothing to do with PMDG or Navigraph.

Dan Downs KCRP