Sign in to follow this  
Willem Clack

Livery Problem

Hi Guys,I have downloaded various liveries for FSX (self installers from PMDG's site and some from Avsim) but they do not show up on my Aircraft List, only the house colour ones are there.I can however see them in the PMDG747-400 folder, ie texture.VS and the correct entry was also made in the Aircraft.CFG file. "Show all Variations" is also ticked as is suggested in many similar topics on the Forum with the same problem as me.Am I missing something, running FSX on Windows XP.Regards and hope you can assist.Willem

Hi Willem,If you have recently applied the latest patch ,it's been my experience that you will have to uninstall and re-install your liveries. I'm not sure why but maybe one of the PMDG team can explain.

Hi,Yes, I did install the update prior to the installation of the liveries.RegardsWillem

Guest jormond

Willem On the aircraft selection screen you will need to check the box to show all variants and then you should see all the liveries display.I hope that helps you.Good luck to you.

>Hi,>>Yes, I did install the update prior to the installation of the>liveries.>>Regards>>WillemWillem, maybe I didn't explain it right. I'm assuming you had a good installation of the aircraft with liveries prior to the patch and you could see all the varients just fine.Now if you apply the patch, (something gets overwritten I'm not sure what)and when you look at the variants again, they're just showing the default PMDG colours.Now, if you look in the PMDG directory, you can still see all your liveries. If you simply try and re-install overtop of these, they still will not show up. If you uninstall them through add remove programs and re-install them, they will come back.Like I said, this has been my experience and I'm thinking it has to do with the registry entry for the liveries.

Guest Mower

I experienced that as well.BUT, I also now see the preview livery (the one that rotates) as all black, in the 3d world the skin is all black as well.For myself at least, this patch so far has created many problems. I will be removing the patch. There were no show-stopping bugs for me with the 744x so I can do without it for now.

Hi All,Thanks for the help so far. I did not had any liveries installed prior to the latest update, only installed them now after the latest update. The variants box is ticked, I also did an uninstall and reinstall of the liveries using Add/Remove Software, still no joy.Kind regardsWillem

To everyone having livery install problems, please contact support with your particulars. I just d/l the VS livery and had no issues with the install. Thanks.

Gents-The update was written intentionally not to impact your livery installations.We've had a few folks report that they are having problems, and in these cases we've found that it is because the user removed the aircraft.cfg, or over-wrote the aircraft.cfg.We've also found a few cases where the user's registry was a mess- and this caused the update to have trouble during the installation, but the user ignored the warning messages and assumed all was well. So- in short- quite a bit of effort is put into making the update an easy process. It is not creating problems with the liveries that we can reproduce.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest artjosh

Hi Guys,I had a similar question, but unfortunately received no answers!http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=148304&page=Only way around it was:1. Uninstall the 747 package2. Reinstall it3. Make a copy of the aircraft.cfg4. Install the add-on liveries5. Manually replace the aircraft.cfg6. Manually add the add-on textures to the aircraft.cfg.then it should work fine.Regards from EDDFEd

i had a problem installing custom liveries from avsim (the whale rider 747) even though i manually edited aircraft.cfg ... eventually i discovered that the following comment was causing the problem..":)

Hi After doing a complete FSX 747 reinstall, all the liveries down loaded from PMDG showed up but not those down loaded from AVSIM. After a while I also deleted that line in the aircraft config file and the livery showed up.Thanks for the help guys and also the official ones reveived from the PMDG guysKind RegardsWillem

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Guy'sI have a couple of questions regarding the quotation marks in the aircraft.cfg files. It is only a curiosity thing so don't panic...lol In the original FSX cfg files it show lots of "" marks..ie[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 747-400 Paint1sim=Boeing747-400model=panel=sound=texture=1kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing747-400_refatc_id=N747Katc_airline=Boeingatc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer="Boeing"ui_type="747-400"ui_variation="Boeing livery"ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"description="More than 30 years ago, the 747 made its first trip from New York to London. Since then, it's become the standard by which other large passenger jets are judged. Its size, range, speed and capacity were then, and are now, the best in its class."------------------------------------In the PMDG cfg file it has only the company name in quotes ie;[fltsim.0]title=PMDG - 747-400 GE CF6 Enginessim=B747-400model=GEpanel=VCsound=GEtexture=kb_checklists=PMDG747-400_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N744PMatc_airline=PMDGatc_flight_number=744ui_manufacturer=BOEINGui_type=747-400 GEui_variation=PMDG House Liveryui_typerole=747-400ui_createdby="PMDG"description=Boeing 747-400 powered with CF6-80C2B1F engines v 1.0nPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nnProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.nnBoeing 747, 747-400, the 747 airplane configuration & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.visual_damage=0atc_heavy=1LongAntenna=1LongAntenna2=0---------------------------------------------My obvious question is..what are they for/what do they do??My second question is does it matter what order the file is written as...ie, is the atc_heavy=1 at the bottom for any reason?And lastly..can we add gate codes etc without it impacting on the model and do they have to be placed in a certain order for the PMDG file?PS. For those having problems with texture files collected on-line I have found incorrect entries in some of the texture.cfg files..ie they have[fltsim]fallback.1=........SceneryGlobaltexturefallback.2=............SceneryGlobaltexturefallback.3=..texture.fWhich is the main texture fallback when they should have;[fltsim]fallback.1=..texture.fallback.2=........SceneryGlobaltexturefallback.3=............SceneryGlobaltextureWithin the texture file.RegardsSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

When I said don't panic in my post this refered to it being a problem...It didn't mean take your time responding to it...lolI would like to know as I want to get all the extra PMDG texture files tucked into bed. :)ThanksSteve

Steve,You should check the FS SDK for your questions regarding the aircraft.cfg-file.Hope it helps,