Sign in to follow this  
wulfgar

Autobrake problem with rudder pedals still not solved after v2.10

Hi all,AFter installing v 2.10 for FSX.I still have the same problem with autobrakes and rudder pedals(saitek).Also reverse and spoilers don't deploy in spot view altough I have the REV indication on EICAS???The only thing that this update has fixed for me is the CTD with freighter version.Can you help me on thisRegardsYves

Guest SkullxBones

I can confirm this, I still have no autobrakes after update. I'm running FSX SP1 and Saitek pedals also. It's still the same problem. If I don't touch the pedal brakes after I load the plane, the autobrakes work fine. But once I touch the pedal brakes, no more autobrakes.My reverse and spoiler are working in spot view.

Nameless-Can you please adhere to the forum guidelines and sign your posts?I do not own the saitek break pedals- but what you are describing to me sounds as if the brake pedals are causing the brakes to be very SLIGHTLY applied- and this is being picked up by the autobrake as pilot actuation of the brakes....This of course, will cause them to trip...Is there a utility that will allow you to check what position data the brakes are sending to the sim? That might give us a better idea...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

There is indeed. It is called FSUIPC.It also removes this problem altogether. It appears to be a bug with FSX in that once you have touched the brakes it does not go back to zero but stays at a value which the auto brakes appear to take notice of on the PMDG but not on other sims such as the PIC737.I use FSUIPC to process the axis by-passing FSX altogether and this issue does not exist anymore.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

I used to have this problem. Using FSUIPC. Here is the detailOpen the FSUIPC menu and select the "axis assignment" pagesStep1Move the left brak pedal, you should now see that the value is changingIf you don't see a change press"Rescan" Button and try again.Step2Now depress the break pedal 'a bit', maybe 1-2cm(-0.8inch).Hold the brake pedal in this position and press the "From" Button. (In the middle part of this menu.Step3Now Depress the brake pedal "full forward".Hold the brake pedal in this position and press the "to" button.Step4Press OKStep5Reopen the FSUPIC Menu and Repeat the "Step1-4" the same for the right Pedal.Step6Make sure you have the correct setting in the MSFS's control setting.Then the Autobreak system will works fine on any airplane.Hope this can help you.Yufeng QI

Guest SVA121

Thanks a ton Yufeng!Regards,Mo

Guest SkullxBones

>It appears to be a>bug with FSX in that once you have touched the brakes it does>not go back to zero but stays at a value which the auto brakes>appear to take notice of on the PMDG but not on other sims>such as the PIC737.It might be a Windows problem that FSX overcomes normally (I'm running XP). The reason I say this is because FSX seems to work fine with my pedals.But When I open Windows Control Panel and click on Game Controllers, on the Test tab, without touching the pedal brakes, it first display the brake axis at 50%. The red band is at 50% on both toe axis. The second I touch either one of the the brakes and let go, the axis then changes to 0% and stay at 0% in the brakes off position. I don't think the brakes are being slightly applied because all aircraft roll freely and there is no red brake message in the lower left screen when my brakes are off.JeffJeffJeffJeffJeffJeffJeffThere, that should make up for the times I forget to put my name down:-)

JeffFor MSFS, to say things easier, the program record the axis movement in number, so even if there is a just little change in the axis position, these number will change.For the pedal, CH and Saitek all connected with rudder axis, during the landing, if you fly with real weather I think you may find out in most of your flight you may have to use rudder to correct the plane's attitude during landing, at the moment of touch down. So if the rudder move, there will also be a little bit movement on the break axis. this little movement will cause the autobreak or even parking break to be disarmed or release. Use the FSUIPC axis to take a look so you will understand why this happened, I used to work on the axis alignment and dead zone setting, but it all comes out without any answer.As far as I know the FSUIPC is the only way to solve this problem.Yufeng QI

>Jeff>For MSFS, to say things easier, the program record the axis>movement in number, so even if there is a just little change>in the axis position, these number will change.>For the pedal, CH and Saitek all connected with rudder axis,>during the landing, if you fly with real weather I think you>may find out in most of your flight you may have to use rudder>to correct the plane's attitude during landing, at the moment>of touch down. So if the rudder move, there will also be a>little bit movement on the break axis. this little movement>will cause the autobreak or even parking break to be disarmed>or release. >Use the FSUIPC axis to take a look so you will understand why>this happened, I used to work on the axis alignment and dead>zone setting, but it all comes out without any answer.>As far as I know the FSUIPC is the only way to solve this>problem.>>Yufeng QIHi all,I tried yufeng's solution but it didn't work.Also when going to instant replay,I don't see the spoiler going up (with version 2.00 everything was fine) and reverser don't deploy.For me the update has made things worse.At christmas lefteris reported this:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=142539&page=I am sorry but nothing has been done since then about this problem.PMDG 744 is the only FSX add-on that is not compatible with saitek pedals.I am very disappointed that my detailed report about the problem to PMDG support hasn't been taken into account.For me the quality of PMDG add-ons is now going down.I won't report any bugs anymore to your forum because you don't care about it.Yves

Yves, can you give me a screenshot of your FSUPIC setting?If you followed what I said for both pedals there shouldn't be a problem.Please provide some more details here.Also you say the speed break and REV doesn't work, I don't have this problem on any version of my 744X.It seemed that it is your individual problem, I don't have these on mine PMDG744x.

Guest SkullxBones

I haven't bought the full FSUPIC version yet because up till now everything has worked except for the brakes, and I thought the update was suppose to address this. So if PMDG can't figure this out, I will but it and try your settings.

Personally, I am not a programmer, but from my 2 years' experiences I do find out, most advanced add-on, require FSUIPC in order to "communicate with" MSFS properly, efficiency. Not only Add-on planes, also FSUIPC can help you to do a lot of things, such as stable the weather from ASX, or key setting and so on.FSX now using sim-connect to communicate instead of FSUIPC, but from the feedback it seemed that simconnect doesn't work so well. The FSUIPC works more efficiency.It's just my idea, because I am not a programmer, I can not say what I said is right, but it can be used as a reference.Yufeng

Guest SkullxBones

I am using FSUIPC, just the free version. I was able to get all my controls to work through the Saitek profile, so I never thought I needed the full version, until now.Jeff

JeffI am afraid that in this case you may have to get a full version of FSUIPC in order to solve this problem, saitek's profile can not communicate with MSFS...However, I can not guarantee anything, because there are so many possibilities, what I told you is the most possible way to solve this problem, but just like 99% vs 1%, I still don't know if your are in that 1%.regards,Yufeng