Sign in to follow this  
mccoy007

ALT HOLD instead of VNAV ALT

Guest mukesh

Hello RobertI had a similar problem after I update the 747-400 V1.2 I was hesitate to do this but after i formatting my hard drive problem are solve. it took me few hours to install my other program & drivers. I install most current version of PMDG that does not requireany update and it

I'm a software developer too and I hate problems like this. But just think how satisfying it will be when you finally reproduce and fix it. :)I have a relatively basic setup. My software is:- Vista x64- FSX + Acceleration- FEX, GEX- PMDG 747 2.10.0040- LevelD 767- RealAir SF260- nHancerHardware:- Intel Q6600 at 3.2GHz- nVidia 8800GTS- Microsoft Sidewinder joystick- CH pedals- TrackIR 4If I think of anything else that might contribute to the problem I'll post again. If you can tell me where any relevant configuration files or registry settings are I can post those too.As I said before I can reproduce the problem 100% of the time by running through TRC 4, part 5 "Let's Go Cruising".Colin

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RobertTo recap my SoftwareWindows XP 32 Pro (all up-dates and SP's) FSX SP1 & 2 (not acceleration)PMDG 744X (.40 up date)Thats it...A nice clean test bed due to those other issues I had..Hardware on testing is standard keyboard/mouseNo external EQP attached (ie USB's etc)*IMPORTANT*After doing the test I described above the systems are working as per the book. Could it of forced a condition by doing this? Just a thought...Now by using different saved panel states and flights I managed to get her to fault up again. This stayed the same no matter how I loaded the flights or what I changed from this point on.I then removed ALL the saved conditions in the My Docs folder and the PanelState folder and she is back to normal "by the book"Could it be an issue with the saved panel states...not the saved flights as such but the "cold & dark states etc"?? Just a thought.Hope this helpsRegardsSteve

Guest Junius

I am having the same problem and my configuration is:- Vista Ultimate x64- FSX + Acceleration- FEX, GEX, Ultimate traffic 2007, Active Sky x, FS Global 2008, FSUIPC & WideFS- PMDG 747x 2.10.0040 with dozens of liveries installedHardware:- Intel Etreme Qx6700 overclock to 3.30 GHz- nVidia 8800GTX SLI- Asus Striker Extreme- 8G DDR2 RAM at 800 - Saitek pro flight Yoke + rudder- TrackIR 4- Goflight TQ-6 throttleRegards,Junius.

HelloMy Flight Simulator Edition is FSX and SP2With FEX, GEX, ASX, FSUIPC4.28(registered),PMDG744X 2.10.0040Hardware-Intel Q9450-nvidia 8800GTX-Asus Striker Formula-4GB DDR2 Ram-Hotas Cougar+CH Rudder-TrackIR4I heard some of my friends who use FS9 version PMDG744 with latest SP also have this issue. RegardsYufeng QI

I have now carried out four flights, long haul and LNAV, VNAV, THR REF have worked 100%. Even with saved flights before the update it works 100%Is this problem anything to do with C++ service packs??? at the end of my update, a message came up saying go get the C++ red, updates???thought I would ask.Just no TCAS....SPECSFSX SP1+2, Activesky X, FSINN, Vroute, FSbuild, Jeppesen sim charts, Vatspy, activesky graphics.4 GB memIntel dual core 2.6GHZ2 X 300Gb sata drives2 X 400GB sata drivesASUS 9800GTX graphics cardSaitek rudder pedalssaitek double throttle quadSaitek flight yoke

I know I keep going on about this, but has anyone else actually tried TRC 4, part 5 and found it to work? On my own flights I see the problem sometimes and not other times, but with this lesson I see it every single time.Colin

Guest Oz_Animal

ColinYes & yesI put my old files back and it had the same fault.I then removed the files and she was fine.These files are the effecting cause in my case but what changed them to do this in the first place I have no idea??When the boys get back to this thread I will ask them if they would like me to send them the files that way we would know but until then she's a waiting game.Maybe while we wait you might want to try the same thing I did and see how she goes?RegardsSteve

Colin-I tried it on three different machines and we've had a couple of beta testers run through as well.No problems noted here...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

HiSince the update I still have no TCAS????Any suggestions ???I was reading on the forum that the XML.DLL may have changed when the update was installed???anyone else have this prob ???Any help would be greatThanks

Here how can I replicate the problem:Take off from TJSJ 08 to TNCM through STT. Load the cold and dark panel come with the installer.Very little, 100 amount of fuel. Set cruising altitude to 26000 ft. Configure everything else. Set MCP Alt to 10000. Take off with To/Ga and VNAV and LNAV initially enabled before take off. After reaching proper altitude. e.g 800 ft. engage auto pilot C. Now fly to 10000 ft where VNAV mode disengages to ALT mode and throttle mode to SPD. From here I am unable to engage VNAV after setting MCP ALT to 26000. I try to press the MCP button, try to press VNAV, try to disconnect AP then reconnect, but it is impossible to reengage VNAV. I can fly to 26000 ft with FL CHG but after reaching 26000 VNAV misteriously clicks in again and it is working for the rest of the flight. Matyas Majzik

RobertYou said no problem on beta testers, can you give us some screenshots? Such as maintain at FL290 while you set your CRZ FL to FL330 or above. There is VNAV ALT not ALT on the PFD, also the MCP shows the VNAV mode is engaged fully. I already show you the screenshot I got, also many of my friends also encounter this issue. Both FS9 or FSX edition. What is most important is before the SP there is no such kind of issue.So I don't think this is our problem.RegardsYufeng

my VNAV problem has gone, no probs with VNAV at all now !!! not sure why!!

now have no probs with PMDG update.....No TCAS was multiplayer being disabled in FSINN, now works 100% as well as LNAV, VNAV

Steve-Cna you please explain in more detail what you did here? We've tried to follow the logic of your post, but it seems we are missing a word or two that would make the whole post understandable.What "old files" specifically are you moving around, and what are you replacing them with, etc?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com