Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

New Update for PMDG 747-400X users....(2.10.0040)

Captains-I have just made available a new Service Update installer for the PMDG 747-400X.This update contains only one change in order to eliminate a problem that was causing the following symptoms for some users:- Inoperative PFD Speed tape.- Autopilot activation caused wild aircraft gyrations.- Completing FMC preflight would not update PFD Speed bugs.If you had any one of these problems (then you had them all!) you should download the update again, and run this new version.If you were not affected by the previous problems there is no need to pull this new update.This update installer will install against all previous versions of the PMDG 747-400X.Gents- for those of you whole have helped us to identify data and sort this problem out, thank you for your help- and thank you for your patience.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am still getting this problem when installing the patch. It pops up at about halfway on the blue bar and stops the install.Feature: PMDG 747-400 SimulationComponent: DLLsFile: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSXError: The system cannot find the path specified.Do you have any ideas on what I can do to make the patch work?William M.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I don't know how to make the installer work, but I can tell you that the '/' is illegal as part of a windows folder name.DJ

>I am still getting this problem when installing the patch. >It pops up at about halfway on the blue bar and stops the>install.>>Feature: PMDG 747-400 Simulation>Component: DLLs>File: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development>GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSX>Error: The system cannot find the path specified.>>Do you have any ideas on what I can do to make the patch>work?>>William M.William,The product as far as I know does not even make a folder with that name (I don't have one at all here).Just thinking out loud here, it's possible your FSX registry entries got messed up and it's getting confused.Download and run this and have it fix your FSX registry and see if that solves the issue:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm still getting the issue even after running the registry repair exe. :( I thought that too... there was never a folder there. I don't understand why it would be looking for one there. Is it possible someone could allow me to download the new full version that includes the patch?Thanks,William

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Help? Anyone?William

spacer.png

I have just tried to run this update (yes I do have those problems with my Version 2.10 newly installed), but it stalls at being unable to find the path specified, i.e. "C:Programme FilesPrecision Manuals Development", which I can't find either in my Vista installation - should the path be "C:Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG" ?Need help please ...Rgds,kittywake

Guest Oz_Animal

The default install path should be;C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X Unless you have installed FSX somewhere else :)Steve

My FSX is in the default location. Could one of the PMDG guys post some ideas or something?William

spacer.png

William-A couple of items for you: (and some good lessons for everyone, please!)1) When posting in the forum regarding an issue/problem, it is always best to add your input to a thread related to the same problem, or to create a new thread if one doesn't exist. Since you posted this issue under an announcement thread- it was effectively ignored/overlooked/not researched. I scan through this forum a bunch of times every day- and primarily read the thread titles to determine if there is something i should read further... I don't often re-read my own announcement threads- as I find my own writing to be incredibly boring. :-)2) I am looking into this, but currently we have very few reports of this problem across an exceptionally wide spectrum of customers. Right now I am only guessing at causes/solutions- and my best guess right now is that something about your local machine is creating a circumstance that isn't being caused on a few ten thousand other machines. If i could reproduce the problem locally- it would be a snap to fix, but thus far that hasn't happened. Once i have a solution, I'll let you know via this forum.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I know I must be one of a small minority, but I still can't find any solution to this installation problem. I have the Aerosoft DVD Version 2.10, running in Vista unfortunately,but looking great, and I have the problem of no PFD speed tape, and the associated probs for the autopilot and FMC with no airspeed info (and no visible rudder movement in spot view either, although the rudder function seems ok.) I have your downloaded update, which starts to instal very nicely, but halfway through it stops with a pop-up box saying:Feature: PMDG 747-400 SimulationComponent: DLLsFile: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSXError: The system cannot find the path specified.I can still get great enjoyment from flying this beauty using manual throttles, and LNAV works fine, but please can you find me that most basic of all functions, some Indicated Airspeed, other than at top left of my triple screens! Kittywake

>I know I must be one of a small minority, but I still can't>find any solution to this installation problem. I have the>Aerosoft DVD Version 2.10, running in Vista unfortunately,but>looking great, and I have the problem of no PFD speed tape,>and the associated probs for the autopilot and FMC with no>airspeed info (and no visible rudder movement in spot view>either, although the rudder function seems ok.) I have your>downloaded update, which starts to instal very nicely, but>halfway through it stops with a pop-up box saying:>>Feature: PMDG 747-400 Simulation>Component: DLLs>File: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development>GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSX>Error: The system cannot find the path specified.>>I can still get great enjoyment from flying this beauty using>manual throttles, and LNAV works fine, but please can you find>me that most basic of all functions, some Indicated Airspeed,>other than at top left of my triple screens! >>Kittywake>>>>Try this thread. Seems like they recevied help:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchGood luck,John

>I know I must be one of a small minority, but I still can't>find any solution to this installation problem. I have the>Aerosoft DVD Version 2.10, running in Vista unfortunately,but>looking great, and I have the problem of no PFD speed tape,>and the associated probs for the autopilot and FMC with no>airspeed info (and no visible rudder movement in spot view>either, although the rudder function seems ok.) I have your>downloaded update, which starts to instal very nicely, but>halfway through it stops with a pop-up box saying:>>Feature: PMDG 747-400 Simulation>Component: DLLs>File: C:Program FilesPrecision Manuals Development>GroupPMDG 747-400/400F for FSX>Error: The system cannot find the path specified.>>I can still get great enjoyment from flying this beauty using>manual throttles, and LNAV works fine, but please can you find>me that most basic of all functions, some Indicated Airspeed,>other than at top left of my triple screens! >>KittywakePlease sign your real name to your posts,There's two possible causes for this:1. Are you running the installer and FSX "As Administrator" in Vista? Right click the executable and choose that from the menu.2. We've also seen this caused by bad FSX registry keys - try the Flight1 repair tool here: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, Sorry for the slow response. I was pointed down another line and have been corresponding by e-mail with Paul Gollnick in your Tech Support team, but for info I have run that registry repair, and have tried running the update as Administrator, but always get to the same place in the InstallWizard (about 40%) before the same pop-up info and stop. Rgds,Dave H