Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

ApphangB1

Hello everybody. I was doing another flight with the 747, but guess what. I have not been able to complete any flights out of the 8 I have done since I bought the software. Instead the sim freezes after 30 minutes and I get the error saying apphangB1. I am using vista 64 sp1. Is there anyone that can help me with my problem thanks.Steven

Update. I have deleted the fsx.cfg and the logbook.bin and still no changes. It got worseSteven

Steven-Can you give a bit more data?From where to where? What scenery do you have installed? Other applications for weather? What freeware do you have installed? other commercial applications, etc?We aren't seeing any reports of this from Vista 64 users, but that doesn't mean we can't help you localize the problem.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ok well I have ultimate terrain x, ground enviroment x, active sky x, and radar contact 4. Also I have not been using any other publisher lately- another 767 as you might guess, than your 747x. Using radar contact does not make a difference in terms of freezing so that is out of the question. Also I have heard about this problem before but I can not find a suitable solution. I have deleted the fsx.cfg and the logbook.bin and it has made no difference. I am also posting my hardware to see if that would affect anything.intel c2q q6600 oc to 3.2ghzevga 780ig.skill 4 dimms 4x1 gb (4-3-3-10)- OC but this does not hurt anything even crysis.raptor x2 8800gts 512mb g92 not overclocked. That should be about everything that is performance related. I dont think any of the hardware has anything to do with is since I run crysis fine with this hardware and there are no problems.I think the problem may be issues with my os which is Vista ultimate 64bit.For flying it has been every single flight I have done and they have been all across the world. From north atlantic flights to U.S. domestic flights. To be more precise I have no other addons for fsx currently so this is it. To help further I plan my own routes using fsbuild2 and then I export them to the planes and to fsx. The freezing usually happens after about 1 hour or so or just randomly during the flight. Sorry that I am so disorganized but I am just brainstorming here and so I am kind of blabbering.Steven

I'm still stuck I keep trying and still keeps getting worse. It must be os related and there must be a fix somewhere.Steven

>Hello everybody. I was doing another flight with the 747, but>guess what. I have not been able to complete any flights out>of the 8 I have done since I bought the software. Instead the>sim freezes after 30 minutes and I get the error saying>apphangB1. I am using vista 64 sp1. Is there anyone that can>help me with my problem thanks.>>StevenAre you using FSUIPC?- John

Technically, an Apphang is raised by Windows when user input (keyboard events, mouse events, etc) is sent to a process, but the process has not accepted that input for some period of time.The way I diagnose Apphangs: when the hang occurs, take a snapshot of the process memory (i.e. generate a .dmp file using the Windows User Mode Process Dumper), open the dumpfile in the Windows Debugger (windbg, available in the Debugging Tools for Windows), and analyze (i.e. figure out what the threads are doing). The trick to getting correct stack traces in windbg is to set your symbol path to symsrv*symsrv.dll*c:SymbolCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsI'm not sure if that is too technical for you, but it's how we developer square-heads do things. :-)- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Huh I am really confused. I got lost on the generating a .dmp file. How can I fix this by debugging the .dmp file. I dont understand and how do I create one.Um ya I have fsuipc.Steven

Well, you can't "fix" the problem by debugging the dump file. But, you can identify the cause.Without some level of technical expertise, though, that is going to be rather difficult...Instead, lets look at probable cause: drivers. And, out of all your drivers, the most likely to affect FSX is the video driver.So, I would suggest you update your video driver to the "latest and greatest" available for your card on Vista64.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

I got the latest and greatest already. I build my own pc and I am very advanced at that. Do you think having sli may affect this situation. Wait a minute is must be the sli. I did not even think of that.

>Huh I am really confused. I got lost on the generating a .dmp>file. How can I fix this by debugging the .dmp file. I dont>understand and how do I create one.>>Um ya I have fsuipc.>>StevenThe reason I asked about FSUIPC, is because I couldn't complete a flight when using FSUIPC with the 747x after many attempts (This is several months ago). I was able to land (even after 8+ hours), but then FSX would freeze (with an apphang) soon after turning off the active. It was consistant.It was suggested to me (based on other's experiences) to remove FSUIPC to see if it was the culprit. It worked for me, and since then, I haven't had a problem.One thing to note. Look in your Event Viewer, and see if you have many simconnect errors around the time of the freeze. Mine contained many FSUIPC errors, that looked like communication issues.I love FSUIPC for the many other features Peter put into it, so I'm hoping I can find a way to use it again without problems. It works fine when I fly the LVLD, so I'm not sure why it causes me trouble with the 747x.Good luck.John

>Where do you find the event logger.>>StevenSTART/PROGRAMS/ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS/EVENT VIEWERLook at the application log, and system log.-John

Ok thanks. fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0 f4c 01c8ba025737e655 837 55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000 This is just one of the examples.Steven

I think the sli is giving me problems. I completely forgot to shut it down while I fly so I had another crash. Actually it is not PMDG- but I still hope you can help because I used another addon- 767 from another company and I had the same problem. Does anyone have any new info to help me on this?Thanks