Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

MD-11 MCDU/FMC

Hello,Who makes the MD-11 MCDU/FMC? Did all models standardize on one manufacturer?I ask because I'd like to study up on it. I am looking for something like the Bill Bulfur book for the 757, 767, 747-400 and 777.Thanks...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I'm giving my post a nudge, surely someone knows the answer? Perhaps one of the developers working on the MD-11?Thank you,

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

It is indeed a Honeywell FMC and all MD-11 use the same.While the key layout of the MCDU might be similar to Airbus, the function and page layout of the FMC is quite different to Airbus' FMGC. Its not more similar to Airbus than it is to Boeing in my opinion. However if you can fly one FMS equipped airliner you basically can fly them all as the principle behind the system is all the same... Embraer's horribly complicated FMC being an exception of course ;)Markus

Markus Burkhard

Thanks so much guys.My next task is to find a manual or other such information for the MCDU. Of course, any hints or pointers as to where such information can be obtained is welcome and appreciated.Thanks again,

Jeff Bea

Guest Tom C.

Hiya Jeff.Not sure if this will help, but I was directed to this website a long time ago re the MD-11 http://www.md-11.org/Its a mine of information, espically the Study guide.I also have a PDF file that was sent to me last year, but for the life of me I can't remember who sent it or where it can be found now.If you can PM me your e-mail addy I'll send it to ya as its even better, imho, than the above site regarding the FMS and some other systems.Looking forward to this gem from the PMDG team with a long time, best of the lot for me will be the UPS livery to go along with my 744 in the same colors and UPSVAC schedules.Looking forward to hearing from you.PS. If any mods believe the above site is against regulations here, my apologies and please remove.