Sign in to follow this  
cj-ibbotson

I Love PMDG 747-400X so HAD to make a video!!

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this but I wanted to share a short flight I made around Northern Ireland in my new 747-400X.I get smooth frame rates and I'm very pleased with the videos content and editing.The flight is in two parts with part one showing systems being brought online (there are a couple of minor procedure errors I realise), pushback, start, taxi and takeoff and the second part is a quick flypast the Mountains of Mourne before returning up the east coast of Ireland, across Belfast Lough before turning to capture the localiser of ILS Runway 25 of Aldergrove (Belfast) International Airport.I hope you all enjoy it - turn your speakers up too ;-)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46j7qYxFZSchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAHSK9O02gI'm using Active Sky X, X Graphics, Ultimate Terrain X Europe, FS Global 2008 and TrackIR of courseRegardsChris Ibbotson (Ibby)

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I see you used fraps but how did you make the recording regarding the different views? did you repeat the take off to get the exterior an interior views or did you record it from a flight video made in fs?the reason i ask is becuase in my experience the fs recording facility is so poor that i cant use it in that way, it jumps stutters and will not record advance aircraft animation sach as those in the pmdg like flips and other thingsthankskav

Guest SkullxBones

Nice video, I wish more people would make videos like this where the aircraft sounds are recorded instead someones favorite rock song.

>Nice video, I wish more people would make videos like this>where the aircraft sounds are recorded instead someones>favorite rock song.>>THANK YOU!! With all due respect to fs videographers, I want to hear engines etc, not 'music videos'@Chris: Nice ones :-beerchugregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>>Nice video, I wish more people would make videos like this>>where the aircraft sounds are recorded instead someones>>favorite rock song.>>>>>>THANK YOU!! With all due respect to fs videographers, I want>to hear engines etc, not 'music videos'>>@Chris: Nice ones :-beerchug>>regards,>MarkAsk and you shall receive :)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>I hope you guys don't mind me posting this but I wanted to>share a short flight I made around Northern Ireland in my new>747-400X.>>I get smooth frame rates and I'm very pleased with the videos>content and editing.>>The flight is in two parts with part one showing systems being>brought online (there are a couple of minor procedure errors I>realise), pushback, start, taxi and takeoff and the second>part is a quick flypast the Mountains of Mourne before>returning up the east coast of Ireland, across Belfast Lough>before turning to capture the localiser of ILS Runway 25 of>Aldergrove (Belfast) International Airport.>>I hope you all enjoy it - turn your speakers up too ;-)>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46j7qYxFZSc>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAHSK9O02g>>I'm using Active Sky X, X Graphics, Ultimate Terrain X Europe,>FS Global 2008 and TrackIR of course>>Regards>>Chris Ibbotson (Ibby)>>Really nice videos!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Kav,Yes it was all done in FRAPS, the multi-angle takeoff and portions of the landing was done using FS Replay. Most of the shots with the gear being retracted, spoiler deployment and reverse thrust are recorded live to allow these animations to be captured.Chris Ibbotson (Ibby)

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I agree although music can at times add to a certain type of aircraft. There is a guy known as Manbird who makes some stunning videos with a music track (usually instrumental though)Chris Ibbotson (Ibby)

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

fs replay? are you talking about the fs recording instant reply facility, because i find it unusable its not smooth , its jumply and stutterykav

>Nice video, I wish more people would make videos like this>where the aircraft sounds are recorded instead someones>favorite rock song.>>Yes, I am in agreement 100% with your comments.Great video's Chris, thanks for allowing us to share watching them.Next time though, put the 'dome' light on eh? The Fraps copy tended to darken the display more that it was for you in the sim.;) :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Great video, Wow thay have finaly got the spool sounds right in FSX! lol it's taken me years of tweaking in fssoundstudio to create a realistic soundpack for fs9. Rob

Rob Prest

Yeah, sorry about that I wasn't at home when I typed that message.A few of the clips are done with the standard replay option. The wing view on takeoff is replay and you can hear the tempo of the sound effect change slightly at one point.I think I performed the takeoff twice to get the different angles and animations ;-)Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

hellothanks for the videoi see you manually fly from 2500 feetwhen do you disconnect the auto throttle? from 2500 feet also?thanks

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram