Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Where is the 737NG?

The PMDG site has gone stale with the "soon to be release of the 737 for FSX".I hear no news on this. The 747-400 is great, but I miss the 737NG for FSX. Any news on the release date?

Paul Gugliotta

>The PMDG site has gone stale with the "soon to be release of>the 737 for FSX".>>I hear no news on this. The 747-400 is great, but I miss the>737NG for FSX. Any news on the release date?They have already said that until the MD-11 was finished (if ever), they wouldn't start new projects.And by the way, what about a B-717 project?, given that the autoflight systems of the MD-11 and 717 had many similarities.

I do remember that an A320 was decided on before the new 737NGX...........PMDG together with others do not give out delivery dates. These guys have private lives to live too. ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well that's all fine, but theie website says "COMING SOON 737 NG"That "soon" is now a stale 4 months old at least.

Paul Gugliotta

well if you can't wait for that, try the Ariane version? Its expensive buy extremely good.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ms/Mr Nameless,Please take a minute to read and adhere to the forum guidelines.It seems that the definition of your 'Soon' and PMDG's 'Soon' differs a tad. My recommendation to you would be to adjust your expectations a bit. You can do an advanced search on the forum to see some glimpses of the work already in progress but as the previous poster stated there's an MD-11 to be released before anything more major will be revealed about the NGX.Hope it helps,

Guest Callmecapt

It is?????I've read up on that company and it's product. There is some freeware that is better than ariane. It's been proven that Ariane is owned by the infamous Peter Tishma.Not someone you want to be doing business with.AOL email for support. And that is if you even get the support.There is another thread on this forum regarding Ariane.Goran

>I do remember that an A320 was decided on before the new>737NGX...........We announced both of those on the same day. We've stated many times that the MD-11 is happening first and then we'll be moving on to those.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>It is?????>I've read up on that company and it's product. There is some>freeware that is better than ariane. >It's been proven that Ariane is owned by the infamous Peter>Tishma.>Not someone you want to be doing business with.>AOL email for support. And that is if you even get the>support.>There is another thread on this forum regarding Ariane.>Goran>I must say that I bought the Ariane 737 and had a few problems installing it. Support was excellent and came to my rescue more than once. When they found out that the problem was my stupidity they didn't kick up about it at all. True professionals and a truely fantastic 737. The VCe is superb! If you could point me towards the freeware that is better than the Ariane 737 with VCe. I'm yet to see a payware quality panel / VC that is reasonable let alone as good as the VCe that Ariane created.I look forward to hearing from you soon. Kindest regardsRichard

Gents-To add to Mats' and Ryan's posts: There will be no new information forthcoming on any products except the PMDG MD-11 until such a time as that product is to market. We have quite a few surprises in store, but for now all attention is to the MD-11, as it should be!Sometime after the MD-11 releases, we'll have more information on a few other new products.CONSPIRACY THEORIST ALERT: The definition of "sometime after the MD-11 releases" is defined as any announcement contained within the time period beginning at 0d:00h:00m:01s after release of the PMDG MD-11 and ending at the end of known time.) :-p

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>I couldn't be bothered finding the aircraft again but I did>find these 2 links for you.>>http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/a...read.main/77810>>http://www.avsim.com/pages/0902/pt_again.html>>And I also want to ask, Ariane's 737's sure do LOOK pretty,>but have they captured all the systems functionality, or at>least, the majority of them, as in the PMDG 737 series?>>Enjoy.>Goran>Hi Goran,Thanks for the reply and the information, it was information I'd read before. I must say that this Peter chap does indeed sound like a nasty piece of work but saying the Ariane 737 is rubbish becuase he has something to do with it is just not true. I also get the feeling that the article was a little one sided. It condemns Peter for not having his phone number on the Ariane site. Wow - do any other developers have their personal numbers on their sites? The answer is no they don't.The PMDG 737 (NGX) will no doubt have all the systems in place as that's one of the things they are famous for, I've been using the Ariane 737 for quite some time now and have no complaints on their modelling of the aircrafts systes.To be honest the two aircraft are not really comparable as Ariane 737 only has a VC called VCe which can only be described as a VC on speed. The PMDG 737 (NGX) I would guess will be sticking to the normal 2D and VC approach. Assuming that they do these two aircraft will be so different that I can't see them competing at all.I do think it's such a shame that Peter's name is linked to the Ariane company as I feel Ariane deserve more. Kindest regardsRichard

To add to Robert's post:I am suprised to see a post morphing from a question about the NGX to bad-mouthing another software maker. It's really not in anyone's interest to be making the kinds of statements made in those posts about other companies as that's where trouble starts given how passionate some people can get about certain products. So please, guys, keep the posts respectful and on-topic.

Guest Callmecapt

I have a lot of payware in my flight sim collection, namely all the PMDG aircraft but I also have all the PSS aircraft as well and I was around the PSS forums when the owners of PSS were having difficulties with Tishma (Understatement). Not sure if people know this, but I think he was also involved in giving Dreamfleet a hard time a few years back also. Bottom line, the man does not deserve to run any kind of business, no matter what kind of talent he hires to create 3rd party add ons. And now he has claimed that Boeing are endorsing his 737 line. Hmm, we'll see how long that Boeing logo stays up on the website.And like I said, the Ariane 737 line does look appealing. But I have read a lot of reports from people that it doesn't work as it should and the customer support leaves a lot to be desired and systems modelling is far from accurate.I can count on 1 hand the amount of commercial add on companies that create truly 1st class products and sorry to say, Ariane is at the bottom of my list.But that's just an opinion based on user feedback.Apologies to the mods and RR for the rant.Goran

Guest Callmecapt

Simply a warning to other simmers to stay away from certain corporations if they desperately want a 737.:-) (How's Newcastle? Pouring rain down here in Syd)Goran