Sign in to follow this  
JDWalley

PCAviator "selling" both 744X and MD-11?

I notice that PCAviator, in its "new products" is listing the Aerosoft CD-ROM versions of both the FSX 747-400 and MD-11 as being available and on sale.Now, unless something's happened very quickly at PMDG, I tend to be rather skeptical about the MD-11's "availability." Am I correct in assuming that their offer of the boxed 747 is likewise jumping the gun?-- Jim Walley

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Jim,I think you can relax. I am sure the first place you will hear about the release will be on this forum - not on some other vendor's website.:-)

Graeme Butler

So the fact that a well known vendor is "selling" this prematurely doesn't bother PMDG?I went through the order process all the way up to having to type in my CC info. No where does it say pre-order. I doubt PC Aviator is selling a bogus product so this MUST be a pre-order of sorts. Had I gone through with the order only to find out I had to wait even longer I'd be pretty upset.Not just anyone can sell PMDG products. They must get PMDG's permission first. So I'd think it would be a good idea for PMDG to give PC aviator a call and ask them about it. After all, PMDG would need to sign off on other vendors selling their products.There is already 'buzz' going on on other forums, no one wants a misunderstanding.Mike Brown

I hope PMDG is playing a joke on us and they will release it soon.

Mike,We definitely did not tell them they could do this - the aircraft is not finished, it's still in Alpha testing. This has been a constant issue, these guys are always trying to jump the gun offering up false release dates, taking preorders, and now apparently actually taking orders. I've notifed the rest of the team about this and hopefully we can get it taken down.Here is a general rule with PMDG product releases: it will always be released as a download from our site first, long before any boxed versions from retailers. This is how it's been on every product we've ever done and that won't be changing. If you see anyone selling a boxed version prior to our own download release, they're pulling a fast one.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gentlemen-We have seen a few cases where shops have offered the PMDG MD-11 on CDRom when in fact that product does not exist.This event is a bit different in that we all know PCAviator, and we all know that they have a good reputation for business practices and looking after their customers. This leads me to suspect that there is a misunderstanding afoot.I have sent an email to PCAviator expressing PMDG's concern of the practice of offering this product for sale when the product is not yet out of developemnt. I have further explained that PMDG has not finalized details of this products specifications, and in fact PMDG has not released this product for CD sales, so in fact they are selling a product that does not exist.In me email, I have requested the following remedy to prevent damage to our mutual customers:1) Removal of the product from sales.2) Refunds to any customers who have paid for this product.3) Removal of the sales page because it contains outdated and inaccurate information. (we will work with them to provide a legal, accurate page, obviously...)I will keep you posted- but for now lets please not light the usual forum torches of siege- I'm sure there is just a misunderstanding at the root of all this.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-For those interested, I have been in contact with PCAviator- and as I suspected it appears that there has been some misunderstanding as to the details here...PCAviator was taking PRE-SALES orders based on information contained in Aerosoft's product catalogue that shows an out-dated ETA for the PMDG MD-11 on CDRom as "Summer 2008." If we were actually in the ballpark with such a CDRom release date, then PCAviator's marketing is completely reasonable- but the fact is that we are a very long way away from seeing this product on CDRom... Robert Feraro was very clear that PCAviator is not charging credit cards- so there is no need for anyone to panic that they've paid for something that they will not receive for quite a long time.I expressed some concerns to Robert because the sales information that they had was very out-dated, so they have taken the page down for now. I'm going to be working to get him more current information as we have it.At any rate- all's well that ends well, as they say.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com