Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Advanced Operations Tutorial For 747-400 FSX ?

Guest TonyPiech

I'm trying to get a better understanding of flying the 747-400 and obtained a lead for a file in the AvSim library which, when opened, is titled as an "Advanced Operations Tutorial" seemingly written for FS2004. I have my PMDG 747-400 FSX updated to version 2.10. The tutorial also has some addon-files; DLH454.rte, LH454 Tutorial Flight,LH454 Tutorial Flight.sav, and LH454 Tutorial Flight.WX with instructions where to place the files in the FS2004PDMG folders.My question(s) are; Is there a comparable tutorial for the FSX verison? If not, will those additional PDMG tutorial files also work with the FSX version? /s/ Tony Piech

Guest TonyPiech

Ryan, thanks for the response, I opened the link and downloaded the "747-400 Type Rating Lesson 1 Tutorial for proper and realistic operation of PMDG 747-400" and looking thru the PDF they seem to discuss FS2004 rather than FSX. Also the instructions to unzip the .sav, .FLT and .WX files are in a subfolder titled "FS2004".Is this tutorial the related lesson files compatable for use with FSX? They don't seem to automatically unzip as described in the PDF which states in part " We have structured the zip file so that all of the required files will be appropriately placed in the correct directories for you provided that you have

Guest derekb

The tutorials work fine on FSX, but you have to copy the files manually to the right locations.I put the flight files in my "flight simulator X files" which is in my documents folder.I put the panelstate files into PMDG747400Panelstate and I put the planner files into PMDGFlightplans.Everything seemed to work great after that. I think most of the changes between FSX and FS9 versions of the aircraft are under the covers so the UI remains largely the same and you just have to ignore the references to FS2004.Derek Burney