Sign in to follow this  
Guest BurtSP

PMDG options menu: Changes not saving?

Guest BurtSP

I searched the forum but could not find a related topic for this minor issue.Currently running FSX w/ SP2 with Vista 32bit( SP 1 ) and the 747X with SP v2.10. The only problem I am having is with the PMDG options menu. When I make changes and click the OK box none of the changes save or seem to take effect. For instance, I am not gonna wait 10 minutes for IRS alignment so I set it to 60 seconds but the changes dont take effect. I like the single cue FD indicator but it wont save when I select it. I am sure (or hoping) that this is a minor issue, or that I am missing something really silly.Please note I am slowing moving to Vista and was recently running FSX on XP where everything worked like a charm.Please help.Sean P. BurtPort Orchard, WA.

Sean-Try the following for me please and report back?download the following application:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra...OSAppDetect.zipWhen you run the application, use it to "set PMDG subfolder write permissions for Vistta "Users" group"Then try again- and let me know how you did...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest BurtSP

Robert Thanks for the help and the application. All is working fine now but to be honest after all the messing around I did I am not sure what exactly fixed it.I am a very impatient person, so instead of waiting for any response from PMDG support or a fellow user I uninstalled my 747X and completely uninstalled FSX. That same day I ran out and bought FSX: Acceleration. I installed FSX and then the expansion. I went to reinstall 747X and found that my product would not validate. The auto validation was not working.I turned off my windows firewall and my Antivirus and still no joy. My thought was that I had used my validation number too many times and the system was somehow blocking me. PMDG ops addresses that if this occurs email support for reactivation, so I did and I waited.Less than 24 hours later I got a response from Paul that my product was good to go for further activity and so I tried again. Still no luck. I rebooted my machine and logged back into XP which still has an FSX install. My 747X reinstalled in XP just fine and the auto activation worked like a charm. So I again logged back into VISTA. The 747X would not activate in Vista obviously some software or permissions issue was causing this.I did a ittle snooping and realized that the only background program that may be conflicting with the validation was STEAM (that Valve software for Half Life 2 and other games) so I deactivated it and rebooted for good measure. Low and behold the 747X validation worked this time. Next I loaded a flight with the 747 and the menu worked and any changes made in the menu saved just fine. I am doing two things different now that it works that I was not doing before:1. I turned off STEAM it does not load on startup ( good advice for anyone) 2. I placed a shortcut on the desktop and right click to start the game and select "Run as Admin". ( Thanks Paul )I ran the application that you provided and ran the game with and without the "Run as Admin" option. Now either way the PMDG menu still saves changes.Sorry all the details but this was my journey. In the end I am not sure what fixed it, it works and I am flying my Queen once again. So VISTA has been a pain in the but. After many hours of clicking and changing settings here and there, it is finally starting to feel like a good OS and gaming system.Sean P. BurtPort Orchard, WA.

Guest Grotsepi

>Sean->>Try the following for me please and report back?>>download the following application:>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/file_libra...OSAppDetect.zip>>When you run the application, use it to "set PMDG subfolder>write permissions for Vistta "Users" group">>Then try again- and let me know how you did...>>I had the same problem options not saving in vista. Your little program solved it. But i had to run that as admin to get it fixed. Run FSX as admin(even when you are already an admin) would also work for the not saving problem.

Guest derekb

Hmm, I guess I'm running into the same issue because I discovered that my key commands weren't being saved either. I'll try that applet and see what happens...Derek Burney