Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

Version of PMDG 737-800/900 ?

Hello,My 737 PMDG doesn't perform correctly the IRMAR3A SID on 04R at LFMN.With VNAV & LNAV engaged, when passing overhead fix MN044, the plane continue straight ahead instead of turning right to NC NDB (338.0). The trouble is the instruction : "TURN RIGHT DIRECT" because when i suppr this 3 words, the SID is well done.A person said me that my PMDG 737-800/900 isn't fully updated.I have this informations on my aircraft.cfg :Aircraft.cfg 737-600 : it's written "Version 1.3 Build 80"Aircraft.cfg 737-800 : it's written " Version 1.0 Build 30"I download this zip file from PMDG download page :737-800/900 Service Update 1 Updates the PMDG 737-800/900 to V1.1 5MB Download ----> PMDG_737_800_900_Temp_Update1.zipand install it.My 3 questions are :1) Is my 737-800/900 update ?2) How can i do to know the version of my PMDG 737-800/900 ?3) In case of non update, please give me the links for the last updated file.Thank you.Gilles Menghetti.LFMN

Hello Gilles, BonjourYour problem is not related to the service pack. It's your airac cycle that needs to be updated.In case you don't know what that is, it's your FMC database. It's updated every month and is payware. This is probably what the person mentioned when he told you to update.To visualise your airac cycle, go to the ident page of your FMC, for further info you'll get answers in the manual.Here's the link for updating your airac:http://www.navdata.at/Now, I don't update my cycle, as a matter of fact I never did, I use real world charts and file my SID and STARS accordingly, it's takes a bit of time before take off but it works perfectly.Happy landings

Sorry, but it's not my airac database because my airacs are the 0805 so the most updated possible.I re-install all the pmdg 737 with all updates and now it's working fine.The problem was that my pmdg 737-800/900 was not up to date.The only thing wrong is that before i re install the pmdg i was able to begin FS9 with the 737PMDG and now to not have a CTD i have to load FS9 with the Cessna 172 and after to load the 737 pmdg. ;-(Gilles MenghettiLFMN

The only thing wrong is that before i re install the pmdg i was able to begin FS9 with the 737PMDG and now to not have a CTD i have to load FS9 with the Cessna 172 and after to load the 737 pmdg. ;-(That is correct- for the PMDG and all complex aeroplanes.The procedure is fully laid out by Steve Bell (G-CIVA) as-Creation of a saved flight scenario1. Boot up FS & choose the default flight. Ensure the most basic default FS Cessna is loaded (most addons & all default a/c use prefer this as the start point).2. Re-position the aircraft at your favourite gate/airport.3. If your an online flyer tune Comm 1 to 122.800.4. Shut down the Cessna...completely including fuel pumps, avionics & electricals etc until it is 'cold & dark'.5. Change the date & time to reflect your preferences.6. 'Tweak' your FSUIPC settings (joystick, pedals, WX etc)7. SAVE this flight (mine is called 'Ready for Flight'). Re-boot FS & select this flight iot check that all is as it should be.I resave my 'ready for flight' scenario (default Cessna) once or twice a week to make sure the date & time is recent.Creation of a PMDG 744 saved cockpit scenario8. Then select the PMDG 744 as normal & allow it to load.9. At this stage select the 'Cold & Dark' Cockpit scenario from the PMDG Menu.10. You can then alter all the switches, bells & whistles (load/remove fuel etc) before saving this scenario via the PMDG Menu.You will end up with a favourite scenario from which to select the PMDG product in a cold & dark scenario with no issues or crashes. Then...when you want to fly...1. Boot FS & select the 'ready for flight' scenario (default Cessna).2. Change date & time - you will need to 'tweak' this later on.3. Select your PMDG product - ALLOW it to load. Select the previously saved 'Cold & Dark' Cockpit scenario via the PMDG menu...ALLOW it to load.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Carl et all,>I resave my 'ready for flight' scenario (default Cessna) once or twice >a week to make sure the date & time is recent.If you save this flight as your default flight FS will automatically insert system date and time. (If you are selecting an airport out of your own time zone this difference will also be taken into account when FS loads the default flight)Just a tip that I myself use all the time.Cheers,

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Gilles->My 3 questions are :>1) Is my 737-800/900 update ?Yes- both are up to date.>2) How can i do to know the version of my PMDG 737-800/900 ?You found the version numbers. :-)Hope that helps!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>Carl et all,>>>I resave my 'ready for flight' scenario (default Cessna) once>or twice >>a week to make sure the date & time is recent.>>If you save this flight as your default flight FS will>automatically insert system date and time. (If you are>selecting an airport out of your own time zone this difference>will also be taken into account when FS loads the default>flight)>>Just a tip that I myself use all the time.>>Cheers,>Mats-while more convenient- I like having the original default as default- but I'm sure others will benefit from that.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi, I can confirm that the SID is not flow correctly. The plane doesn't turn to the NDB after the overfly waypoint. This is with Version 1.3 Build 80. Tomorrow I will test it with the 800/900 upgrade. Jan-Paul

Hi, I tested it again with the 800/900 upgrade and there everything works fine. There must be something wrong with your updates. Jan-Paul

Jan-Paul,The 800/900 addon made significant changes to the FMC logic, which is probably why you're seeing an issue. Post the actual code out of the SIDSTARS folder for that particular SID if you can.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan, with my 737 everything works fine, there is no need for further discussion. Yesterday I had only the Base 737-700 available for testing on a laptop. On my main pc everything works as it should. Gilles should look at his installation. Jan-Paul