Sign in to follow this  
Guest Menno

747-400 Max altitude + fuel probs

Guest Menno

Hello everyone,I'm fully aware a lot has already been posted and written on this subject. However after reviewing these posts and remarks I still did not find any solution for my probs.After reinstalling my FS with all PMDG add-ons due to a system failure,I'm stumbeling on a altitude and fuel problem on each flight with the PMDG 747-400. No matter what setting or options checked/unchecked.Here's what happened on my latest attempt to fly.Route: RKSI to RJAA, FL360, Distance 768.1nmUsing: Real time wheater option and FSPassengers.Total fuel setting via FSPassengers: 75%Passenger and freight load: 85% of total aircraft cappacity.On start-up I immediate get the msg: "your fuel is critacly low in the selected fuel tank. Press CTRL-X for automatic re-fuel"When selecting the fueltanks on the EICAS, all tanks show plenty of fuel and when calculated in compliance with the pre-selected 75%The msg keeps on re-apearing although flight hints are unchecked which is very annoying.Next to that the altitude prob. Once plotted the route into the FMC, and this is no matter what altitude, distence, route, once I put in my designated cruise altitude I get the "max altitude warning".Striking similarity is that the warning always says the max achievable altitude is 11.000ft below the chosen cruising altitude. For example; I choose FL360 and the FMC says max altitude = FL349I choose FL380 and the FMC says max altitude = FL369Don't know what to do anymore, but the fun flying the 747 is about to vanish. Therefore I do hope to receive working and constructive solutions!Thnxs in advance!Menno

I recommend turning off the MSFS tips.. pressing Ctrl-X or using a third party add-on to add fuel will cause problem. The AOM is pretty clear that the only way to add fuel is either the load manager or the PMDG options menu within MSFS. I only use the load manager to set the zero fuel weight (pax and cargo) as well. This ensures that the simulation has the correct weight and balance.The problem with max alt might be related; however, it's hard to tell from what you provided. Even with the proper weight and balance, she will not climb to FL360 if heavy (at MTOW she will usually get to FL310).Your short trip shouldn't need more than 100-130 kLbs of fuel at max ZFW.

Dan Downs KCRP