Sign in to follow this  
Guest csandel

Panel states collection

Guest csandel

Hello guys,Has anybody worked out a collection of typical 747 panel states? Always starting with the same few panel states is somewhat frustrating and unrealistic in the end, don't you think?Chris

Guest hangar744

-Chirs,sorry...I'm not sure what you mean. Collection? Panel "states"?. I just can't figure it out. If you could feed a little more info on this, perhaps someone might be able to help you.regards,delcom

Hi Chris,I start ALWAYS with the same "cold and dark" cockpit, even for a short test flight. Not boring at all and good for studying the checklist.Offcourse i have different "flights" spread alover the world and with different liveries, but the panelstate is always "cold and dark".

Guest hangar744

hi,perhaps you can try one of mine. Here is a .sav file, with weird settings. It was created with FS9744F GE with no external power.The A/C rolled out of the hangar after FD-Check. Test flight was performed later that day. Minor complaints reported by the test pilots, so maintenance did some final tests and trouble shooting during the night. All systems go. The airplane is fully operational and signed off. For unknown reason (coffee) they left the airplane with switches in rather unusual positions. Are you up for the challenge? Make sure you don't damage the airplane...and try not to hurt anyone.enjoy it,delcom

Chris-If you search- I seem to remember a utility that varied the panel state on each startup. Also, in light of Delcom's last couple of postings, I'm sure that it would be worthwhile to check his out- I would heed his warning though!I personally follow full checklists to shutdown on each flight- and so my saved panel state mimics what I last had set before shutting down FS9.Hope you are able to locate the utility.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest hangar744

Carl seems to be able to read in between my lines. I've warned you guys. We still have some painters working on scissor lifts measuring the glossiness and thickness of the brand new paint job. They might be in the vicinity of hazardous areas. We also had rain a few hours ago...it's clear now. Unfortunately in FS9 we can't ask to power only one external power receptacle. When you ask for external power...you get them both hooked up. I definitely would NOT apply external power.Extreme care should be taken before even touching the APU control switch. Things might get worst when you have the APU AVAIL light on. Other unexpected behaviors may occur when you apply APU generator power to AC buses. The rest of the surprises might come later according to the flight phase. No rocket science here. No system failures, whatsoever. It's only the switches that are messed up. By simply following the proper procedures in the right sequence will save the lives of those painters and some serious $$$ for your airline or customer.good luck,delcom