Sign in to follow this  
perryfincher

PMDG B747-400 FS9 Flaps

I have not been able to select Flaps 30 on the 747-400 in FS9. Flaps 25 is the most I can select for landing. I use the CH Yoke with three levers. I use one for flaps. I cannot tell if it is the yoke I use or something in configuration. Any help will be greatly appreciated.ThanksPerry Fincher USA

Perry,How fast are you going? The 747 has a "Flap Relief" system in place that will actually prevent the flaps from being deployed at too high an airspeed. This could be what you're experiencing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for responding so quickly. I was at 188 knots and was planning to drop to the speed indicted by the FMC for Flaps 30, but upon reaching the required speed I could not get Flaps 30. Is there away to override flaps relief? Or do I need to wait til I am at the exact speed indicated by the FMC before trying to go to Flaps 30?ThanksPerry Fincher USA

Guest Oz_Animal

Just an ideaCan you select the flaps on the ground using the default key on your keyboard?If that doesn't work try disconnecting these add-ons first and use the default keys to establish where the issue lies.Don't forget to disconnect them out of the Sim.Hope this might helpSteve

your IAS needs to be below 180KTS in order for the flaps to extend to 30. if the flaps dont retract to 30, check the eicas message. you should have a message saying "Flap Relief" meaning your speed is too high for the selected flap setting. as you reduce your speed, retract the flaps back to 20 to clear the "Flap Relief" warning, and then the flaps should extend to 30.

Perry-Just in case the flap speed is not an issue- I read you were using a lever for the flaps- double check your mapping in FSUIPC (assuming you are using this for the lever assignment) and make sure that your settings are reading the entire "throw" of the lever you have assigned. I would second the request to check full flap travel on the ground- to ensure that the commands are being correctly sent. The EICAS is fairly noticable- so I am inclined to think that the joystick mapping might be your issue.Let us know how you resolve it- would you?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks for everyone's response. I have tried to lower to Flaps 30 while on the ground, and no dice. I am incline to agree that perhaps it is a problem with the mapping of the lever I use. I will check this out in FSUIPC to see if this is the problem.ThanksPerry FincherUSA

I have just encountered this same problem. I built a new FS computer and this is the first time I am using the 747 on it. I am using the CH Throttle Quadrant and using one lever for flaps. In the 747 it will only move to the 25 detent. On all other planes, including the MD-11, 737, Level D 767, etc., I can select every flap detent. I have tried it on multiple different levers. It happens with both the FS9 and FSX versions of the 747. It happens when setting up the axis through the FS controls menu or using FSUIPC. Strangely enough it worked fine on my old computer. I'm not sure what to think about that.Edit: I added some more infromation

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I have just encountered this same problem. I built a new FS computer and this is the first time I am using the 747 on it. I am using the CH Throttle Quadrant and using one lever for flaps. In the 747 it will only move to the 25 detent. On all other planes, including the MD-11, 737, Level D 767, etc., I can select every flap detent. Strangely enough it worked fine on my old computer. I'm not sure what to think about that.
One other possibility to throw into the mix. On the 747-400, flap angle is limited to 25 degrees in alternate (electric) mode. Maybe someone from PMDG would know whether alternate flaps could become active inadvertently.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

One other possibility to throw into the mix. On the 747-400, flap angle is limited to 25 degrees in alternate (electric) mode. Maybe someone from PMDG would know whether alternate flaps could become active inadvertently.Kevin
The only thing about that is that the lever won't physically move to the 30 detenty when using the lever on the throttle quadrant. I can use the F7/F8 keys and both the lever and the flaps will move to the 30.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

This is a problem with a particular version of FSUIPC. I had a similar problem after installing the MD11 (which I think installs an updated FSUIPC v3.85). I raised a topic in Pete Dowson's FSUIPC support forum. A similar problem had occured in FSX, and he produced an interim version to test, but I never got around to it, but apparantly v3.865 fixes the problem.Post link: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=74644

Thanks. I got the FS9 747 working properly using FSUIPC. The problem remains if I use FS to set up the flap axis. I do not have the registered version for FSX so I guess I will have to get that if I want it to work right. Thanks again.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg