Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

Trying to keep interest in the MD-11

OK, drop the paintbrush, back slowly away, and give me the MD-11!Very nice...DJ

The md11 is still going to be one package that is able to work with fsx and fs9 right? So we dont have to pay twice for the two different platforms.

Guest Mower

FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?

>FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?Ehem, me... It's a money thing. I can't pay for a new computer and flight school at the same time so I had to choose one. You don't honestly think I'd choose the computer did you? :(BTW, The MD-11 looks great! I can't wait to take her for a spin.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest Jeffreymg

The aircraft look great can't wait at least when the manuals are released we will know its close. Jeff

Chris,you'd be VERY surprised as to how many still uses FS9. I'm one of those who usually ALWAYS switch to never versions as soon as possible. I did purchase FSX the day it was released and installed it with great anticipation. However, the performance on my E6600 Core 2 Duo with 2 GB RAM and Nvidia 8800GT 512 MB OC video card is really not good so I uninstalled it. This on a computer solely used for flight simming so I don't have any extra baggage installed. A general consensus seems to be that FS9 is the sim for airliner pilots and FSX if you fly low and slow. In time most will switch from FS9 but I'm not sure it will be to FSX.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?Thousands of us, I'm afraid, my dear Chris.

FS9 works on my lowly Dell XPS Gen4 3.2GHz P4 (single core), I feel like I need to buy a Voodoo or Falcon to use FSX... and there's other priorities in the household.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can build a $900 pc for fsx that will run it well. YOu dont need voodoo. cpu q6600 215mb gigabyte p35 100memory 4gb 100gf card 8800gts 512 200Thats 600 and thats the most expensive stuff

>FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?:-wave :-hang and in case youre wondering what these smileys mean, i use FS9 and i dont appreciate people bad talking about FS9 or the people still using it.

>FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?:-mad If I'm going to upgrade it ain't going to be FSX unless there are serious improvements.Besides, FS9 still has a very bright future. :-beerchug

>FS9?? Bah! Who would still be using FS9 by NOW?Silly question really. The fact that respected groups like PMDG & Aerosoft are still releasing FS9 products answers your question for you really - doesn't it?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>Here's some shots if you want to keep interest in the MD-11.>>>http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Parc...1(F)/1362392/M/>>http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Parc...1(F)/1362304/M/>> Great plane + cargo + the airline I work for = AMAZING!>>- JakeYeah, sure. Make us even more impatient than we already are. :( Great shots! Speaking of UPS though, does anyone know where to get their route schedules other than flight aware. I wouldn't mind flying the international routes but they only give routes in the US and it's not the schedule times but the actual times the flight left.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png