Sign in to follow this  
Guest albert webb

PC crash

Guest albert webb

Recently my PC crashed and I lost everything which was not saved to back up.I thought I had saved my PMDG 747 but when reinstalling this to my repaired PC I discovered I had only saved the lessons etc. Although the aircraft did show but had no instrument panel.It was completely black.Also the complete aircraft could be flown from the out side veiw. I have written to PMDG twice, hoping they will allow me to re download this plane, furnishing them with all purchase information. So far I have had no response from them. It does not seem in charactor with them as in the past they have been most helpfull with information. That was when I had the aircraft flying. Is it different now that I am asking for a replacement? Reminds me of trying to get a replacement for a lemon of a car from the salesman. Has anyone else had problems with this firm when it comes to the crunch? Albert Webb

Albert,We've had a policy on product redownloads that's existed for over two years now:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/RedownloadWe can't be responsible for crashed HDs and the myriad of other reasons people lose their installers. It costs us bandwidth every time someone downloads these installers, we had to institute a small redownload fee to cover that as it was starting to get very much out of control both in terms of bandwidth and the human resources needed to process all the requests for new downloads. Any computer capable of running FS has a CD/DVD burner and discs are extremely cheap. We suggest making regular backups using them in case of HD failure, accidental deletion etc.If you did not receive any response at all to your email to support (ie, no automated acknowledgment after you sent your email), then please read this:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=148813&page=1No email goes unanswered, if you didn't get one it means it was blocked somewhere in the chain either getting to us or getting to you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com