Sign in to follow this  
Guest 47758rrc

747 Repaint Kit problems

Guest 47758rrc

HiI have just started to use the repaint kit from your website and have hit a snag. I have repainted the main fuse into the base colours for corsair.fly and amended the cfg file for the new repaint. I copied the Cathay Pacific Cargo textures into the folder and then copied the fuse textures into it overwriting the Cathay ones. I have tried to test the textures in flight sim but as soon as i select the aircraft it crashes to desktop. If i copy the original cathay fuse textures back then it works fine. I have even tried copying over the textures onto the cathay ones in photoshop and they still dont work. Looks like the 747 doesnt want to go blue!!!! Is there a program, (like there is for train simulator which i have done many commercial repaints) with which you can look at the model with the textures without going into flight sim?Any help would be greatDave Mylett

Hi Dave!It may be a silly question, but did you convert the repainted files into "extended bitmap"-files (i.e. by DXTBmp) for FS9 or .dds-files for FSX?I have used the paintkit (for PMDG-747-400 FS9) and did not encounter any problems.Regards,Peter Zahner

Guest 47758rrc

HiThanks for the reply's.This is for FS9. Looks like you have solved the problem thanks. I didnt think that these were any kind of special bitmap so just saved them as a normal one on photoshop. Downloaded DXTBmp to convert them and the first ones look ok! Should have known that they would need converting just like train sim ones but the fact they were a recognisable format as opposed to the likes of train sim textures which are their own .ace files threw me.Thanks again for your time and replys, if i have any more problems i know where to come!!!!Dave Mylett