Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

2 very strange issues 747 x

Your flight path is faulty. I don't know if it is the cause of your problem, but you should remove waypoint ESNIB from your plan. It is implicitly included as part of B330 but on the other side of XYO/blah, therefore your current plan EGKK->VHHH reaches ENSIB, doubles back to XYO, goes on to IDSEG, QNX, KWE and back to ENSIB. I suggest that whenever you have set up a flightplan in the FMC, no matter how it was generated, you set up the co-pilots display to PLN and step through the route, looking for significant changes in angle, routes that go the wrong direction etc. It is a useful step in ensuring that the plane does what you want it to, and not just what you have told it to. Paul Smith.

Thanks for replying , obviously the more of us that can acknowledge this issue the more seriously the company will take it. thanks to all that reply in advance aswellkav

Yes exactly i have had to resort to heading hold too in order to avoid the shaking but you should not have to do this while you adjust the heading, banking should be smooth from the start even during adjustment of the bug and there should not be any shaking of the yokekav

ive just checked this plan and it is ok no double backs but yes ensib should not be there fortunately fsbuild ignores esnib try it in fsbuild the plan it creates is ok, esnib maybe a mistake but it does not seem to affact the outcome as it appears to be surplus i got the plan from vatsim it ignores esnib because it is not on the airway ESNIB did not show in the fmci tried the plan in the fmc and there are no problems it is continous i deleted ESNIB and re built the plan and the plan came out the same both in fsbuild and the fmc. Fsbuild does not recognise ESNIB as it does not seem to exist that is whyso this is not the cause of the problemskav

Hi Kav, I don't know how or where you checked your plan, but the only correct way to do it is to set your nav display to PLN, and go to the LEGs display on your FMC. You will notice that the bottom right LSK has changed to "STEP" and the highlighted waypoint is centered on your nav display. Adjust the scale on the nav display so you can see the previous and next waypoints. If it looks reasonable, press the "STEP" LSK and check the next waypoint. You are looking for large and unexpected changes of direction, crossing your route, revisting waypoints and unacceptably large distances between waypoints, (my preference is a max of 150NM, some prefer shorter). If you do this with the routes you have posted, you will quickly see the problems, and might even see the cause.As someone has already stated, the way to use an airway is to state the entry and exit points, and the route to take between them. Go to the ROUTE page and give the FMC a waypoint that is on the airway. This is where you want to join it. On the next line, give the waypoint where you want to leave it, and enter the airway in the VIA LSK. When you activate, the FMC will populate the in-between waypoints and show them on the LEGs page, allowing you to add altitude and or speed restrictions, etc. If you want to go directly to a way point, just put it in the ROUTE page, and leave the VIA field blank. Your imported route is a mix of "direct to" and "airway" because it does not follow the simply rule of entry - route - exit. Just look at how many times the airway B330 is mentioned. You do not need to select the landing to cause the double back, it was going to do it anyway. In short, this is not a fault as the aircraft is doing exactly what you have told it to do, you just havn't told it to do what you want it to do.Finally a note on navigational databases. Fsbuild has its own database. It is NOT the same one that the FMC uses, so while fsbuild might ignore ESNIB as unknown, the FMC will not. The fact that ESNIB is closer to your destination then the waypoints given after it should raise serious alarm bells. this applies no matter where you get your flightplan from; it is only correct if it is correct in the FMC. Paul Smith.