Sign in to follow this  
basa

744 Throttle override

Just one question about the "Controls override option" in the PMDG menu.I haven't been able to get any result checking or unchecking the "throttle" box in the PMDG menu. In both cases, once the autothrottle is active, moving the joystick throttle wheel produces no results.I'm using a very simple Trust joystick and a non registered FSUIPC.Any suggestions ?. Thanks.

Luis:I'm not sure what's going on with your setup (assuming FS9). As mentioned in several other recent postings, I would recommend DISABLING all joysticks in FS9, mapping in purchased FSUIPC. A bullet-proof solution.I have the box checked and am able to select individual throttle closure (CH TQ) to simulate emergencies without enabling a failure- sort of like my Flight Examiner pulling an engine :).I can also close the thrust levers, manually deploy the speed-brakes, engage syemtrical reverse- all after the throttle advance, stable, TOGA execution in A/T.Peter's work is truly outstanding and if possible I would whole heartedly recommend you support him with the full version. It ought to solve all your issues as the PMDG check box does function as described. I'm inclined to believe yours is a mapping issue.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks for your answer Carl.It's FS9 what I am using, and I have FSUIPC 3.7.0. Yes, a bit old version, but some days ago I downloaded and installed v-3.8.1 and it produced some strange trouble with the sound, in fact I lost every sound in FS, so I returned to 3.7.0.That is why I'm not very confident about changing to new versions (if it works don't mend it).You recommend in your post going for the full version (23.8

As far as I know, PMDG and other aircraft programmers are moving towards independence from FSUIPC. I wouldn't waste my money until I'd looked into all possible solutions.Which version of the sim are you using? Are you running in Vista or WinXP? Do you have another joystick you can borrow you can use to compare?Have you tried deleting the FSUIPC *.ini file?Cheers.Q> Ян

>As far as I know, PMDG and other aircraft programmers are>moving towards independence from FSUIPC. I wouldn't waste my>money until I'd looked into all possible solutions.Do you know how long will that take ?>Which version of the sim are you using? Are you running in>Vista or WinXP? I'm running XP>Do you have another joystick you can borrow you can use to>compare?I will try to, and tell you later.>Have you tried deleting the FSUIPC *.ini file?No, what is the benefit of doing so ?Thanks again.

>>As far as I know, PMDG and other aircraft programmers are>>moving towards independence from FSUIPC. I wouldn't waste my>>money until I'd looked into all possible solutions.>>Do you know how long will that take ?Maybe I misunderstood them, but I thought they had already done it with the 744.>>Have you tried deleting the FSUIPC *.ini file?>>No, what is the benefit of doing so ?It resets your FSUIPC settings. It has been known to fix control issues like this in other sims.Cheers.Q>

The *FSX* version of the 747 does not use FSUIPC at all. The FS9 one still does because FS9 does not have a built in equivalent like FSX does with SimConnect.What Carl is talking about are the joystick calibration features in the payware version of FSUIPC - those are completely independent of anything having to do with our aircraft and are well worth buying it for in my opinion.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan!Q, even with FSX I still suggest that FSUIPC is NOT a waste of money, it just makes so many things so easy and so precise.Ouch- that's the second time I've felt the sting of your sentence structure ;)Jose- yes, deleting the fsuipc.cfg will force a rebuild and may cure your issue- great suggestion from Q- if that doesn't work try the other joystick option. If all fails- the FSUIPC purchase ought to fix your issue.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>>Do you have another joystick you can borrow you can use to>compare?>Yes, finally I have tried with a different joystick and...still the same.>>Have you tried deleting the FSUIPC *.ini file?>Yes I have, and...still the same.