Sign in to follow this  
adamv66

sound issue?

hi,did a quick search in the forum but couldn't see this issue mentioned before....occasionally (when switching views) a continuous max engine thrust sound can be heard regardless of what thrust the engines are actually at. as an example, if i am sitting at the gate with the engines shutdown, the sound will continue as if the engines were running! it happens whilst in the air too. i have found a workaround, which is to change the selection in the checkbox in the PMDG sounds menu (allow sounds to play in external views). if i do this then the sound stops. oddly, it doesnt matter whether i check the box or uncheck it, just as long as i change it from whta it is currently set to, the sound stops. has anyone else seen this?many thanks,adam

Yes Adam I have the same issue as you. Changing views seems to trigger this behavior, I've had the throttle sound you mentioned, rushing wind when fully stopped on runway and even no engine sounds at all once. When lowering the gear, I don't hear it coming down nor the rumble of it hanging in the wind. Just strange random sound oddities. The only clue I get as to a possible problem is a little blurb on the simconnect console mentioning it unable to unregister CPMDG sound 25 or something to that effect. Unfortunately, when you turn on simconnect logging, it creates a mongo sized file that is just too large to work with in notepad so I've been unable to get the exact verbage or other possible errors when flying the queen. Even ran file split utility on it trying to get some more detail but either I'm retarded or Vista search sucks as far as looking through file content. Have not yet done nor do I particularly want to do a complete re-install unless absolutely necessary, original install process went without incident.Any help here Gents?New PMDG install, V2.10.0040Vista Ult. x64 SP1FSX SP2, , installed to (e:Games... and ownership taken)ASX SP3UTX GEXFSGenesis NA Mesh V2fsuipc registered 4.2.8.0LDS, Flight1 ATR and MD80 KORD and EDDF sceneries Navigraph 0805 and Dan Downs terminal procedures Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Hi...I'm going to try and drag this thread up as I am still seeing this behaviour after many months and despite full reinstalls of FSX and PMDG. I have sort of started to live with it although it still really bugs me! Has anyone else encountered the same? Any known possible causes??Many Thanks...Adam

Oh wow.... thanks for the quick reply!!! Pressing Q twice... why didnt I think of that??!! ok well i'm happy at least i know a workaround now for when it does occur.... many thanks!Adam