Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoeva

Instructions for FMC

Guest scoeva

Hello,I just recently purchased the 737-600/700 because I wanted to upgrade to more realistic flights. However, I have very limited experience on programming FMC's. My question is, are there any step by step instructions on how to program the FMC properly? For example; "start by pressing the menu key and choose flight plan, then press route. On the route page enter your departure airport, then enter your arrival airport. Now press the cruise alt button and enter your....." and so on. Do you know what I mean? Thanks in advance for any info.Scott

Scott-Try the manual- it's really quite thorough- after you are done with that buy Bill Bulfer's book- its superb-http://fmcguide.com/StoreFront.bokTry these tutorials-http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/737.htmlIn short- you have purchased a complex simulation- it will require some effort on YOUR part to master. The rewards are endless- enjoy!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>it will>require some effort on YOUR part to master.>And time...much time, I should say.

I like this one, a bit more generic for several 700s:700 Flying the BOEING 700 Series Flight SimulatorsCaptain Mike Ray has created something uniquely suited for the PC simmer that makes the transition from reality to simulation simple and fun. His new book:" Flying the Boeing 700 Series Flight Simulators" is a MUST HAVE for both the beginning as well as the expert simmer. Priced to meet the needs of the most frugal shopper, the manual is written in his witty, graphical style that is concise yet highly readable and entertaining. There is simply nothing else out there like it.Price: $29.95 You can see more at www.utem.org and get it there, amazon, or several FS stores.It has some really good practical applications beyond the FMC as well.

Hello Scott,You can find a lot of information in the manual, a whole chapter covers the FMC. Also, there are tutorials on youtube and on various websites mentioned above.I'll tell you what I do though, firstly I enter the route and then I fill in the PERF page, that way the FMC can compute the optimal CRZ altitude.happy landings

Guest lgvpilot1

ScottWhen you first get your new PMDG aircraft all you want to do is fly !Im sure we can all understand that , but If you have no experience with the FMC then I can seem quite daunting,but dont worry because if i can find my way round it anyone can !!I found this site useful when i first started flying PMDG aircraft http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/Now i know its for the 747 but a lot of the FMC procedures are the same for the 737.If you look on you tube im sure someone has done a tutorial for the 737 FMCAlso have a look at FSbuild , It makes life much easier to plan your own routes and then sends them to your PMDG flightplan folder so you can load them into the coroute part of the FMC.With these aircraft you really do have to RTFM , Im sure guys that have been flying these aircraft a lot longer than i will tell you that they still keep the manual close to hand !Stick with it and it WILL be worth it in the end Good LuckMark

Guest SkullxBones

Here's a video lesson in several parts.

There is a really good tutorial written by Fred Clausen available here on AVSIM. Just do a search using his name. Look for version 2.The Best PMDG 737NG tutorial was written by Timothy Metzinger. It was called PMDG 737NG Advanced Tutorial v2. But he had to remove it from public distribution because of some possible copyright issues due to the use of Jeppeson charts. But if you can find someone with a copy you really should get it. It will teach just about everything you need to know about flying the PMDG 737NG series profeciently.Good luck.

Dave Paige

Guest scoeva

Thanks to you all for your responses. There is a lot of useful information here. I found the You Tube tutorials to be extremely helpful. Thanks again.Scott CYYZ

Ryan- agreed! I have them both as well. Bill Bulfer's is better for FMC specifics (incredible detail). Mike Ray's is good for procedural flows and FMC basics (I have the 747 version).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper