Sign in to follow this  
Guest cag

747FSX Load/Save Issues

Guest cag

Hi!I'm running 747FSX and cannot save any of my flights or any portion of flight. Every time I save a flight segment and subsequently load it, the aircraft is positioned excatly where I initially left (and saved) but all my flight parameters (FMC), speed, altitude, are reset to default values. Any suggestions?Andre

Guest GliderMax

Hi Andre,I also am having the same problem as you mention. I have just obtained the PMDG 747-400 for FSX. I am slowly working my way through the manuals and checklist to learn the proper way to fly this Queen.I make sure that I am logged in as the administrator in Windows XP. I run MSFS. I have saved one flight state where I am at KSAN gate 30 with no external power connected. Everything is off and quiet.Next I set the parking brake. I turn on the battery button to ON, I set the Standby power switch to auto. I start the APU. After the APU GEN 1 & 2 lights say available I push to ON. Then I save this to MSFSX Flights drop down menu.I then exit MSFS totally. I make sure that I am logged in as administrator. I start MSFSX. I load the flight that I just saved. It loads but everything is not as I saved them. The APU switch is off. The APU GEN 1&2 buttons are not lighted. AND the engines are running in idle position.I have emailed tech support at PMDG twice now. Their first suggestion of making sure I was logged in as administrator did not do the trick. I have yet to hear back from them anything further. I hope someone in this forum can give us some help.CharlesRunning: Window XP 32 bit; Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz 1333Mhz FSB on a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo; Corsair DDR2 4Gb total; Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS video card

Guest robjuca

Hi Andre,Well, you are not the only one.I have the same problem too.:(The route data in FMC is lost when a saved game is load.Waiting for suggestions...Roberto Juca

Hi. (Andre, Charles, Roberto).When you have saved a flight from the FS menu just go to PMDG menu and save your panel state into the file saved from the FS menu.After doing so you can reload a saved flight with all data - FMC data etc.RegardsBoerge

Guest robjuca

Dear friend,Thanks for your reply but it also does not work.I already tried this method but the FMC reports "NO ACTIVE ROUTE" message when I load a saved game using FSX "Load" menu and PMDG "Load" panel menu.The route data is loaded but it is not active.The legs "distance/time" info are blank for each waypoint and PROG/VNAV from FMC is not updated therefore not working.NOTE: using the PMDG "Save" menu is not necessary - I believe - since using FSX "Save" menu creates - behind the scenes - all files in PMDG panel folder.Roberto Juca

The aircraft always starts up running for me, too. I can't keep it in a cold and dark state (or better yet - as I left it).FS2004, Win XP Pro SP3, Administrator etc.. :(Best regards,Robin.

Guest GliderMax

Hi to all,I had the opportunity to have PMDG support check into this problem. I sent them the saved state files (after having saved the panel configuration) while sitting on the ground and having proceeded through the checklist up to the point of starting APUs and aligning the IRSes. They looked at it and ran it on their setup.They discovered that the APU was turned off when you loaded the saved configuration.That means, I think, that any FMS data input would be lost. I see this as a big problem. I can see why you all are experiencing problems. They wrote to me that their team will look into the problem and POSSIBLE correct it only if another service update is scheduled. I urge you all to let them know that it is important to be able to save your flight and panel settings. This is one of the main reasons people use flight simulation. To be able to save scenarios and be able to come back and replicate a condition is SO important and useful.Charles

Guest robjuca

Hi Charles,Thanks for your post.This is really a problem.I formated my PC and installed a clean Windows Vista 64 with FSX Acceleration and the PMDG 747-400X add-on only and the Save/Load issues continues.For long routes (e.i. 12 hours...) the save/load is necessary to split the flight.As you wrote "to be able to come back... " WITHOUT ERRORS is a must.I know PMDG is very busy with MD-11.I know the team is serious but do not forget the current users...

Guest Oz_Animal

Guy'sTry removing ALL your saved flights from your C:....My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files Folder and ALL your panel states from the C:.....PMDG747400PanelState folder and then build a few new ones in the sim and test them?PS Don't remove your *.cfg filePlease let us know how you go.Steve

Guest robjuca

Hi Steve,My report for your request:1- System- OS Windows Vista 64 SP1- MSFSX with Acceleration at folder C:FSX- FSX add-on PMDG 747-400X only2- Cleanup- Clean folder at: -> C:UsersRojDocumentsFlight Simulator X Files -> C:FSXPMDG747400PanelState3- Route Build a simple route SBCF->SBGL using FSBuild2, so I get: - SBCF-SBGL.PLN at C:UsersRojDocumentsFlight Simulator X Files - SBCFSBGL.rte at C:FSXPMDGFLIGHTPLANS4- Start FSX- at gate - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191051.jpg- at climb - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191052.jpg5- Save game and exit at all FSX - just using FSX Save menu- FSX folder - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191053.jpg- PMDG PanelState folder - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191054.jpg6- Restart FSX - using FSX Load button at FreeFlight panel to load saved game atclimb fase and FMC reports "NO ACTIVE ROUTE"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191055.jpg7- Conclusion - the Load/Save issues continue

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RobertoIt looks like she loaded ok?The FMC will display "No Active Route" until you pass over the next way point. She should still track normally to that point (LNAV/VNAV).This is because the previous data of the flight has been cleared from the active memory. As far as I am aware this is normal for a in flight save / load condition.If the aircraft is at the correct alt/heading and speed then it should be fine.RegardsSteve

Guest robjuca

Hi Steve,Sorry but the next waypoint was reached and the legs info is still blank or no track for VNAV. LNAV is ok all route legs are loaded.VNAV can not be engaged because legs info is blank.NOTE: CO ROUTE entry in FMC is blank too an can not be update.Any suggestion?

I still have the exact same problemCheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx