Sign in to follow this  
Hwindi

Having Joystick Problems

Hi!I am new to this and have FSX that I'm running on a Windows Vista machine.I have recently purchased the PMDG 747-400 for FSX and also FSCrew2 for PMDG. My problem is that I am currently experiencing problems when I'm trying to taxi to the runway as my joystick will not respond.Everytime I am taxing, I fail to control my aircraft (I'm using a Logitech Wingman Attack2 joystick). The aircraft will always turn to the left and will not respond to the joystick. It is my belief that my joystick is properly calibrated (it will work properly with none PMDG aircraft), and I have the latest drivers installed for the joystick.Please help! I cannot find any related information about this in any of the manuals...I am hoping that someone would be able to offer me some advise.

Can't speak for FSX, but in FS9 you would have to enable auto rudder in the realism box to allow you to control the rudder (and therefor the nose wheel steering during taxi) with a joystick. Maybe there is a similar option in FSX.

Thanks for the very quick response.My auto rudder is enabled though and yet I still have the problem. My joystick does work fine with the default FSX aircraft. Problems begin when I try to use my new PMDG 747

Guest Wolli

I am a hopeless beginner on the 747 (as my earlier entry/s will show) , but I have had your problem on all a/c (and the 747) since upgrqding to Vista. Only a techo could give the reason: the problem is rectified with my prob by disconnecting the USB plug and then reconnect. Fixes it. Same probs wit the pedals, fixed the same way.Neal/Wolli