Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

747X does not load

Hi,PMDG failed to load on preview screen and FSX froze. Reinstalled AC using PMDG747_400_FSX.exe and PMDG_747_FSX_2.10_Update_Setup.exe and everything looked good. Accepted "Trusted" modules and FSX.CFG looked good. I have FSX SP2 (FSX-XPack .20070926.1421)Not sure what is wrong with this sim. FYI same happens with LVLD 767 and TrackIr4 does not function.As per PMDG Ops suggestion I checked my DLL.XML and I have the following:DLL.jpgAny help would be appreciated, thanks.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Alliance01

I am experiencing the same issue. I just purchased the 747-400X Queen of the skies and installed on my system using FSX deluxe Edition with acceleration under vista ultimate 32-bit. Somehow, the PMDG_74700_main.dll,PMDG_74700_acs.dll, PMDG_74700_overhead.dll cannot find the PMDGOptions.dll, and and simply shut off FSX. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Anyone from PMDG able to look at this... or are you too busy working on something else?If it is was I think it is then keep on going. Just wanted to know if you had any ideas.Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

Anyone From PMDG out there? YOu guys cannot knock it off and head over for a celebration until after the release.... oh wait a minute, what was I thinking? You fellas are going to be so busy after the release that you are getting all the important stuff done right now. Don't forget your toothbrush and floss!

\Robert Hamlich/

RobertAre you getting any kind of error message? You're DLL.XML looks to be correct so I think we might be looking for something else here...Have you tried installing just you're original 400 to see if it will run prior to installing the update?I'm suspecting that we have a problem with the navdata but tat wouldn't explain have g the problem with PMDG and LDS...Oh how I miss the simple installation of FS9. :-p

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,No I am not receiving any error messages at all, just a very slow progress bar after loading the 747X.I think it has to do with having installed the SDK and SDK SP1A as I began encountering the "lock-up" after instllation. My intent was to run ASX on a client computer,which BTW worked great and then after a fresh boot one morning things got ugly. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1360&page=I asked in that post if I should install SDK SP2 as there was a warning for us Acceleration users but have not heard back since.I may have to go for a completely fresh install of FSX, but I will try to install the original 400 package-PMDG747_400_FSX.exe (108682kb) and report back to you.Thnaks Robert,

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,Drop me a note at support(at)prcisionmanuals.com and I can send you some guidelines for getting things working properly.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Robert, I also have an issue with the 744 for FSX. Did you get a msg. such as your FSX version is more recent than SP1 or SP2 or Acceleration this may create issues and to contact PMDG support in this instance. My 744FSX won't load and I do have SP1 & 2 installed but no SDK's like Simconnect, etc. I did a reinstall with the CD version and also after the .00040 update to no avail. The issue is the same for my Level-D as well. Hopefully PMDG can work this one out. May have to fly FS9 version in meantime. Pat Snyder

Hi Pat,Yes I did get that message, I am almost finished reinstalling FSX. Hopefully everything works.Not sure what is going on here.

\Robert Hamlich/

Robert, I just had the time to read more of the OPS. I found that my DLL.XML was corrupted by the prior install os Wilco FeeltherePIC 737. It also has issues for the Level-D and FSUIPC. I am following the repair instructions to the dll. Shame on Wilco for causing all this downtime. I don't know if this is related entirely to your issue but it is my PIA. (pain in ####) Here is OPS link that you may have read:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/How_t...HE_DLL.XML_FILE

Hi Pat,Thanks for the reply and link. I did receive an email message from Paul at PMDG and he basically said the same thing.I am glad that you found the problem and are up and running again. I did reinstall FSX and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed the hours and hours of fun!Really, it was not too bad and I think the program is running a little better.I purchased and installed the Captain Sim 757 Pro Pack, cost was around CDN $90 but it sure is worth it. It's been a while since I have flown the 757, love that bird.

\Robert Hamlich/

Robert, Glad to here that all is better with your sim. I tried cutting and pasting the simbase code to no avail. I'm sure I was doing something wrong. A little busy right now so I'll get to it in time. I just built my FSX rig and still use the old one with FS9, so not a total loss, doing so give so gives me redundancy (quite comforting to a pilot) and I can still enjoy the hobby. I guess I'll wait a little and do an uninstall and reinstall like the rest of us snkaebite victims. Gotta see if there is anything over at Wilco-Feelthere about their screwup. I do have the Capt. Sim 757 for FS9, and she is great. Although the final Block F took almost 2 years ( it was the one with the FMC, etc.) I bought in after 1 year and it had issues after release, but the SP1 was released in short order, and fixed a quite a few issues. OK keep the shiney side up.