Sign in to follow this  
roarkv

737-800/900 - sideview error

Why do I have black screens in sideviews usin the -800/900 (last version)?I have emailed support but I dont get any answer. Roar

Did you select the 738/9 with no VC ( virtual Cockpit )?Just a thought.

>Did you select the 738/9 with no VC ( virtual Cockpit )?>>Just a thought.correct! Start up FS9 with my default Cessna - and then 738/9 2D view only. Roar

The 2D plane is just what it sounds like, only the 2D panel is visible.To view the side views fly the VC or the VC and Cabin.

....no-no....I shall have sideviews in 2D panel too. Something is wrong here. I have sideviews in my 600/700 2D panel.Roar

I was told form support that its NOT sideviews in "2D cockpit only" anymore. I have to look up those files on the file-library, but I only find sideviews for the 747, Can anyone help me? Strange that its not sideviews in 800/900 but it is in the 600/700.......Roar

Guest scoeva

Roar,I had the same problem and here is what I did to fix it. Open your PMDG 737-700 folder in your main FS9 Aircraft folder (not the 737-700-winglets folder). Copy and paste the 'panel' folder to your PMDG 737-800 folder (again, not the winglets folder). Then overwrite when prompted. Scott.

Guest scoeva

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the panels in the 737-600/700/800/900 are identical.Scott

Roar,Sounds as though you have some files missing in the 2D panel folder. I have just checked my 738/9 and have side views in the 2D panel which can be identified in the 2D panel folder {they are, of course, different and separate files to the VC panel side views}.John R

thanksWhat date from is your installed 738/9?I had to order a "EXTENDED DOWNLOAD" since I had a diskcrash and no backup. They sent me a download-link for reinstalling the 737NG

Roar,My 737 8/9 is the CD version. As an example, look for file 737NG_LB.BMP in the "panel" folder. This is the left rear side view and is not just a copy from the VC but a separate photo based view.John R