Sign in to follow this  
Hwindi

Problems getting to my initial cruise altitude.

Hi All,I am still new using the PMDG. I have FSX that I run on Vista. I usually fly on VATSIM. Everything seems to be going well except that I have never been able to reach my initial cruise altitude in good time before ATC starts fussing at me. I use a fuel planner by "Felice Valente" to plan the fuel loads on my flights. What happens is every time I take off and climb to an initial altitude's of say FL320... I always seem to falter around FL260. Is this normal? I would greatly appreaciate it if somebody could point out for me where I'm going wrong.

Before one of the moderators fusses at you, PLEASE sign with your real name. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT for this forum (See instructions pinned at beginning of forum)Next tells us type of aircraft, destination, origin of flight, fuel load, etc. Without it I doubt anyone can offer you any advice.Jim D.

One question should fix this one. Are you using the FSInn weather when flying on Vatsim? If so than that is your problem, above cFL245 it registers too high a temperature and it completely mucks up the Mach calculations causing your aircraft to slow down dramtically and not achieve the climb. Turn off FSInn weather and use either FSX download weather or something else like ASX.Oh and yes, sign your name please!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Well...thank you very much.I am using FSINN weather.I will use FSX weather from now on. Sorry about not signing my name earlier.Nyasha G.