Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Install problems with Vista64 and PMDG 747-400X

First post here, so hi to everyone!I've just downloaded PMDG 747-400X for FSX (and very excited I am about it too!) but I'm having some problems with the install... Everything seems to go fine - registration, install - but when the installer attempts to install the MSDN VC2008 redistributable, I get an error (ERROR:1935...) and it rolls back and the installation stops. The weird thig is, if I go into FSX I can select the 747 and go to fly, but non of the systems are avaiable. Here is a screenshot of the error:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/edh.../Misc/error.jpgI've read a few threads on here where people have sucessfully installed it on Vista64, so it must be possible. I just need to find a way around the install of MSDN's VC2008 redistributable.Any help would be massively appreciated. Can't wait to get flying the 747!! :-)Cheers,Ed

Ed Haslam

Forgot to mention, PC specs:Vista64FSX + Accelleration PackQ6600 2.4GHz O/Ced to 3.0GHz4GB Crucial Ram2x 8800GT 512MB2x WD RaptorsAsus Striker Extreme 680i MBI did have some problems recently with the install of the new SP1 for Vista. Could this be causing the problem??

Ed Haslam

Hi, many thanks for that. I tried it but I get an error message saying that the C++ installer failed to access the Windows Intaller. I tried disabling it as well, but I get the same result i.e. the C++ installer wont even run.I noticed that I have the MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 (x64) already installed on my PC - probably from another game install. Could this be causing a conflict?

Ed Haslam

Hi CrashEd,I don't think I can be of much more help.I googled the error code 0x800736B with only about eight responses.How familiar are you with using MS Vista admintrative functions?Cheersgmcallis

Hi gmcallis,Thanks for your help so far. I've emailed PMDG so hopefully they'll be able to shed some light on it.> How familiar are you with using MS Vista admintrative functions?Not that familiar I'm afraid. I've only been running it for a few months.Cheers,Ed

Ed Haslam